User Tag List

First 1234 Last

heart on fire

I think INFJ can be plenty absent minded!

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post

Seriously, I'm the P-est person I know in real life !! I'm such a stereotype of a P, it's not even funny: absent-minded, unable to follow through with a plan, always late, ducks out of plans at the last minute, and so on. I think I'd P-eeve even a hardcore P !

And my ENFJ husband isn't that much of a J either. He loves Se-ing and Ni-ing his way around life as much as possible. His J-ness only shows in his intense feeling of social responsibility.

MBTI
    infp

Its ok, Nemo, I think Pness is funny too, but only after you brought it up

The only problem I have with J's is when they expect me to be J, too. For example, many J's tell me I need to do written organization, like an agenda book, or they'll make a blanket statement about how the best way to work is when its really just their way. Agendas don't work for me because after one or two days I stop using it because I forget because it doesn't come naturally to organize like that, and its therefor kind of ineffective for me. Putting clothes in the dresser doesn't work for me because it makes much more sense to me to leave them in baskets on the floor because those baskets have all the clothes I usually wear. And, when they are washed and arrive in my room next week, they will still be the clothes I'll most likely wear. It can be small things like that, or it can be bigger things that are a larger pain in the ass (like school, which is "J-City" :P).

I don't like being called disorganized, either. I'm not disorganized, I just organize very selectively and I have a different style. The "if everything is on the floor, I know where it is" style of organization works pretty well and is a hell of a lot easier to manage than actual containers.

MBTI
    ISTP

Maybe it's only ISTJ's, but the one I know has one way of doing things...and only one way... D:
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

I never go around trying to figure out if a person is a P or a J. It doesn't matter to me. It's about as important as eye color when it comes to the way that I get along with other people.

We're really not that different. However, I've noticed something interesting about competition between Ps and Js. Let's say that they are playing a game. The J might play to win, while the P might play for fun. They both try to win and they both have fun, but each has a slightly different motive. This means that in the long term, the J clearly has an advantage because they are willing to do whatever it takes to master a new skill if it's important to them. In the short term, the Ps playfulness and willingness to take spontaneous risks allows them to take advantage of the opportunities that Js might not find right away.

Fortunately, regardless of type, we all have the ability to do things our own way and we won't actually feel like we've lost unless we decide to. For example, I don't give a shit about losing a game or taking a silly risk and losing out, but to a hardcore J, that might be devestating. Except, it wouldn't be devestating because they wouldn't allow it to happen in the first place. I just figure that wherever I am, I can adapt and move on unscathed. And when I win, I win BIG. When I lose, I don't even feel it.

MBTI
    ISTP

Apparently I was supposed to be "ready" or something..? Oh well, I can pack in 5 minutes.
    I do the same thing....always makes me laugh when I forget less things than my J sibling who spent multiple days packing.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

...Yeah

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

+3

I'm forgetful... can't see something that's right in front of my nose. Make far too many messes...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quite alright you two:

INFJ's are a godsend.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Quite alright you two: