User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you read or post to Typology Central at work?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and it hardly affects my productivity

11 40.74%
  • Yes, and my productivity has suffered as a result

6 22.22%
  • No, my job keeps me too busy

2 7.41%
  • No, I prefer to be productive on the job

4 14.81%
  • No, my workplace doesn't allow it or blocks the site

1 3.70%
  • No, but only because I don't have a job

2 7.41%
  • No, but if I had a job I would.

1 3.70%
123 Last

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default Do you read/post to Typology Central at work?

No but I have been very tempted to.

There's no formal rule that we can't but it is frowned upon if we are doing things on the Internet that aren't related to our professions.

Alot of the time at work, it's slow and boring with alot of dead periods in between customers. We are caught up on what needs to be done. So on some days I have alot of potential time to check out the forum at work yet I don't because I don't want any of my colleagues to know I post here. I've posted some personal stuff and occasionally ranted about my job. If a colleague found that out, it could work against me.

So instead, I end up surfing websites and reading listservs related to my professoin.

If I had my own private office with a door (which I don't) I might check the forum now and then. Since I don't have a private office, someone could just walk up to me anytime and say "What you are looking at?"
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    If I had my own private office with a door (which I don't) I might check the forum now and then. Since I don't have a private office, someone could just walk up to me anytime and say "What you are looking at?"
    Even then, many companies montor what you do on the internet with their computers.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

NO WAY!

First of all, no access. Second of all, even checking anything on my phone or anywhere would mean sudden crumbling of everything around me. I spend my spare moments trying to envelop a cup of lemonade or tomato soup or gulping down a cup of water or going to the bathroom or popping an ibuprofen. Even those moments feel guilty sometimes.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Even then, many companies montor what you do on the internet with their computers.
    I don't think my company is one of them but the thought of that is scary. Even if you are doing nothing wrong or inappropriate. I guess its just the thought that there isn't a whole lot of privacy anymore for anything. Actually that gives me another reason not to check TC or similar places at work.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Yes and it hardly affects my productivity.

I need to do what I need to do and I am my own boss of when I do it, and as long as it gets done before it has to be done it's all good. Besides, technically I work 24/7, at least I have to be able to answer the phone 24/7 and may even do other things at any given time during days or nights if it is called for. So technically, I have to post here while working, because my job never really ends.

That said, I seem to have plenty of time to spend time on other things than work, so it's not as bad as it may seem.

But my personal life has suffered quite a bit under my work. The sad part is that I'm sort of happy that it did, because having a personal life can be consuming. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

ReflecTcelfeR

I don't really have the ability to, but if I did I would definitely. Sometimes when I clock out I use the company computer to check on at least hot threads. Can't seem to get away from this place.

Typically, I keep myself away from [x] when I want to be productive in something else. Prime example is when I am at the college.

I'm doing it right now!

My productivity has suffered in the past but not because I was browsing this forum, specifically.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I've only come onto this forum once while at work and that was this week but i didn't post. Due to working outreach and our dongle's being utter crap, we now use the council's internet so able to do our jobs.

Through thinking outside the box i now view my personal emails at work and if anyone says anything, well i need to check which company has emailed me potential jobs which are for the clients and i am unable to do so through my work email as they go through our IT guy first so takes too long
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Yup, I do.. copiously. I'm worried about it, but I its an addiction.