I know that there is probably plenty of people on this forum that would probably want to skip posting in this thread. However I would trully like that people answer the questions in this thread. If nothing take this as the "Would you kill the baby?" thread. Which was basically about values and abilities. (and this thread is no different)
Plus I am not sure where to place this, so I will place it here in members only section.
Ok, here is a couple of questions about your militaristic opinions and mindset.
Also you can skip some of the questions if you truly dont know what to say or you are simply too uncomfortable to post your real answer. (since some of them are quite serious and without an answer that is clearly moral)
Plus you can philosophize and speculate in your answers in the case you feel that this is needed to make your opinion clear.
1. Do you think that you would make a good military commander ? I mean what parts of your personality make you think that this is the case ?
2. How detailed would you be in your commanding style ? Would you simply just give general orders and watch what happens? Or you would make sure you have everything planned out in advance ?
3. How stressful for you would be to lead a massive military force ? Making sure that supply lines function at optimal levels. Or marking the exact spots where you should air-drop the fuel and additional ammunition .... etc.
4. In which strategic elements you would like to have the advantage ? (choose three)
More efficient supply lines, having commando squads that are experts for creating chaos in enemy territory, artillery with longer range than most other countries, more versatile fighter jets, bombers with unusally large bomb bay area, naval suppriority , superior intelligence agency, superior counter intelligence agency, well armed infantry (especially against armor) , general population that is capable and willing to create a organized resistance on areas occupied by an enemy.
5. How would you cope with all the death around you ? Especially since you are basically the most responsible for that then anyone else around ? Except maybe the enemy high command in the case that they invaded first.
6. Here is the situation. You are a high ranking general of one country. However your country is in a very bad relations with its neighbour because of some critical resources that are directly on the border and it is just a matter of time before things escalate, especially since people want that actualy. However the other countries in the region are too weak to have their own position and opinion.
So one day the other country celebrates its more sacred holiday and eveybody will rejoice on that special day. So my question is: Would you lunch a supprise air-strikes on that day if it is obvious that there will basically be no resistance on that day ? So you will take out easily most of their critical infrastructure and objects of strong military or strategic value. What would probably prevent alot of bloodshed on the long run. (but there is no guarantee)
7. Another situation. There is plenty of enemy civilians that ended trapped in a front line between your forces and the enemy. You have two options
One: wait for a few days so that everybody moves away. Even if that will give the enemy the time needed to entrench. What means you will probably not be able to brake through before their reinforcement arrive. What puts you in a difficult position and probably endangers civilians on your side.
Two: Continue with the full assult even if it is obvious that there will certainly be plenty of civilian casulties. (even if you don't target them specifically)
Which option makes more sense to you ?
8. Would you change your opinion in the above scenario in the case that you are the one who got brutally invaded first and by some miracle you managed to brake the first wave of the invansion and take the initiative ? (even if the most of those civilians were for the invansion on your territoy)
9. Would you be afraid that the international community or UN or some one like that will charge you for war crimes ? Even if you were doing your best to keep the civilian death rate at the lowest possible level.
10. The enemy has set up a field command centre and ammunition depot in a ancient church from 14th century in hope you will not notice it.
So the question is quite simple. Would you level this church with an air-strike or artillery barrage if that will probably cause the collapse of the front line on enemy side ?
11. In the case that you win the war would you personally insist that this church should be rebuild and look just as it did before ?
12. Would you rather fight an elusive well armed guerilla/terrorist kind of an enemy or classical army that is about 25 percent stronger than your army in pretty much all elements ?
13. By your opinion the most important thing in a war is : plenty of supples, determination , raw firepower and numbers , good aiming , camouflage ?
14. The conflict that does not have a blessing of the UN is ALWAYS wrong course of action or outcome ?
15. At what age did you learn to play chess ? (in the case you know how to play)
16. How do you feel about these questions ?
Ok. I think that this is more than enough. Especially since I would really like to see the replies to these questions. Out of pure INTJ curiousity of course.