User Tag List

12311 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 131

  1. #1
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default Overrated Values of Generation Y

    1) Relatability: being able to relate to everyone is a bad thing. it's a sign you are either conformist, people pleasing or common.
    2) Agreability: anyone who is afraid to disagree is a coward with no personality
    3) Equality: not everything is equal. that's logically impossible and naive of anyone to trully believe
    4) self sacrifice: a culture of self sacrifice leads to a wellfare state because everyone refuses to actually be successful or happy. this leaves you with a society or poor people who are ashamed on themselves and feel the need to give away all their economic value to justify their existance
    5) soft spokenness: believe it or not, not everyone who speaks confidently and with proper projection is yelling at you.
    6) false humility: ugh, come on people have some backbone
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire
    Likes Kullervo liked this post

  2. #2
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    4) self sacrifice: a culture of self sacrifice leads to a wellfare state because everyone refuses to actually be successful or happy. this leaves you with a society or poor people who are ashamed on themselves and feel the need to give away all their economic value to justify their existance
    Care to explain this?

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    1) Relatability: being able to relate to everyone is a bad thing. it's a sign you are either conformist, people pleasing or common.
    2) Agreability: anyone who is afraid to disagree is a coward with no personality
    3) Equality: not everything is equal. that's logically impossible and naive of anyone to trully believe
    4) self sacrifice: a culture of self sacrifice leads to a wellfare state because everyone refuses to actually be successful or happy. this leaves you with a society or poor people who are ashamed on themselves and feel the need to give away all their economic value to justify their existance
    5) soft spokenness: believe it or not, not everyone who speaks confidently and with proper projection is yelling at you.
    6) false humility: ugh, come on people have some backbone
    Well those values as you depict arent even rateable never mind overated.

    I think relateability is important, if you cant relate you're either going to become a predatory-user or reclusive loser, you'll actually be miserable, no matter how much you try to pass yourself off as a heroic or courageous loner.

    What do you mean by agreeability? I dont even know what that is.

    Equality is important not logically impossible, not everything is the same, which is entirely different from equality. Its simple, when people talk about inequality they do not mean that things are different, white and black people are not unequal because they have different skin tone for instance. Equality and inequality are quantitative measures and important as such, I would suggest they are equally important too. It is important that in some respects people are equal, in others that they are becoming more equal and in still others that they are unequal or even becoming less equal.

    Self-sacrifice wouldnt be a bad idea, there's no society which exemplifies it, least of all the paternalism of a welfare state and I know of no society at all in which cringe factor has resulted in people refusing to be successful, distinguished or wealthy. Least of all any celebrity society like the modern developed world.

    Soft spokenness, I dont know what that is, is it Zen communication in which people dont seek to compell through being loud, abrasive and rude? Its a great idea if it is or the confucian idea of not speaking until you have completely thought about what you are saying, not simply in the soundness of argument or all the consequences of speaking per se, even the simple idea of Abraham Lincoln that its better to remain quiet and seem the fool than to speak and dispell all doubt.

    So far as false humility goes, falsehood isnt good, ever, a sincere humility I can see being a good, virtuous thing, even making for pleasant company but I dont think a false humility would serve any purpose.

    To be honest your points seem like thinly disguised objectivism.

  4. #4
    not to be trusted miss fortune's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    827 sp/so
    Posts
    20,126

    Default

    Ugh... I'm disappointed to come from the same generation as you elfboy... I see nothing wrong with those qualities, to tell the truth... Especially relatability... There is nothing wrong with having varied interests and a passion for people... Speak for yourself
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett
    Likes Dyslexxie liked this post

  5. #5
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    I don't see humility very much promoted among generation Y, even a false one. If anything I often see certain forms of narcissicism and overflated egos.

  6. #6

    Default

    Why are you whining?, so you dislike these traits... big deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    4) self sacrifice: a culture of self sacrifice leads to a wellfare state because everyone refuses to actually be successful or happy. this leaves you with a society or poor people who are ashamed on themselves and feel the need to give away all their economic value to justify their existance

    What?, Your argument is absolutely stupid, firstly, how does self-sacrifice lead to a welfare state?, secondly, what are the issues with said welfare state. You are making the assumption that having the welfare state, strips away the need to be a productive member of society, or steals away any incentive to better one's self. yeah I don't think the modern welfare, social democratic states of europe are producing lazy individuals :/




    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I don't see humility very much promoted among generation Y, even a false one. If anything I often see certain forms of narcissicism and overflated egos.

    I would agree

  7. #7
    Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    5,312

    Default

    I'm not entirely sure that I would use those 6 descriptors to describe us at all...

    Equality, sure... But thats a rapid change that has been going on for decades. Even with the LGBT equality movement, I'd say we're just riding the coattails of what MLK and the previous generation started in the 60's with race equality. Their equality movement was leaps and bounds more rapid and impressive than anything our generation has accomplished. We're just standing on the foundation that they built.

    Self-sacrificing and agreeable? I'd say not at all.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

    ~

  8. #8
    Senior Member SRT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    To be honest your points seem like thinly disguised objectivism.
    Bingo.

    Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Ugh... I'm disappointed to come from the same generation as you elfboy... I see nothing wrong with those qualities, to tell the truth... Especially relatability... There is nothing wrong with having varied interests and a passion for people... Speak for yourself
    I think, technically, he could be generation Z. Not that it would really matter...
    Everything that I express is simply an opinion with varying levels of support

    If I seem like a different type to you, I hereby give you permission to type me however you want.

  9. #9
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    You really think Generation Y is humble? Like.. really? If anything, it's gearing toward exactly the opposite. And also everything else that's wrong with everything you said

  10. #10
    libtard SJW chickpea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Posts
    4,960

    Default

    i'm so curious about what you're like in real life.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] ENTPs and the novelty value of people
    By EcK in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 04:28 PM
  2. The value of random on-line personality tests
    By Ilah in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-26-2008, 08:33 PM
  3. Extraverted Value of Introverted Functions
    By ygolo in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-10-2008, 09:23 AM
  4. Value of Schooling
    By ygolo in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-26-2008, 08:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO