User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

You know you're getting old when you start bashing "today's kids" & wailing on about how much harder you had it growing up, how their interests/tastes/habits are all inferior, etc. This is a sure sign you are now "Generation Old".

Anyhow, I definitely see distorted (and often contradicting) values today, but it's hard to divide them up by generation. I think each generation blends into the next; there's no clear dividing lines, and cultural values don't change overnight.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

ExxPs never get old.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Good thing I am not actually generation Y, but was born in 2284 and traveled back in time to this day and age instead.

True story.

Unfortunately, I can't go back to the future, the delorian broke down and the professor is lost in another timeline.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    1) Relatability: being able to relate to everyone is a bad thing. it's a sign you are either conformist, people pleasing or common.
    2) Agreability: anyone who is afraid to disagree is a coward with no personality
    3) Equality: not everything is equal. that's logically impossible and naive of anyone to trully believe
    4) self sacrifice: a culture of self sacrifice leads to a wellfare state because everyone refuses to actually be successful or happy. this leaves you with a society or poor people who are ashamed on themselves and feel the need to give away all their economic value to justify their existance
    5) soft spokenness: believe it or not, not everyone who speaks confidently and with proper projection is yelling at you.
    6) false humility: ugh, come on people have some backbone
    So we should be unsympathetic, obstinate and stubborn, support inequality and selfishness, be forceful and aggressive, and be arrogant. Gen Y doesn't need to do that. The Tea Partiers got it covered.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    So we should be unsympathetic, obstinate and stubborn, support inequality and selfishness, be forceful and aggressive, and be arrogant. Gen Y doesn't need to do that. The Tea Partiers got it covered.
    oooooh....

MBTI
    yupp

i read skimmed this thread and all i have to say is, what's the point? really what is the god damn fucking point?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    i read skimmed this thread and all i have to say is, what's the point? really what is the god damn fucking point?
    "people who aren't like me should get with the program"

edit, for clarification: I believe that the point of the thread is that the OP believes that those who don't match up to the qualities that he thinks he possesses should, uh, get with the program.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    "people who aren't like me should get with the program"
    oh fuck that, but I hate these generation threads if the internet existed 50 years ago the same things would have been said about older generations. it's the same complaints over and over again.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

*cough* millennials* *cough*

Quit associating me with GenX

1) Relatability: being able to relate to everyone is a bad thing. it's a sign you are either conformist, people pleasing or common. *That's a complement, thank you very much. Ever heard of the every day normal guy?*
    2) Agreability: anyone who is afraid to disagree is a coward with no personality *And I agree to disagree*
    3) Equality: not everything is equal. that's logically impossible and naive of anyone to truly believe *Nor is everyone unequal. But hey, set some things "right."*
    4) self sacrifice: a culture of self sacrifice leads to a welfare state because everyone refuses to actually be successful or happy. this leaves you with a society or poor people who are ashamed on themselves and feel the need to give away all their economic value to justify their existence *Now now now, aren't we in that situation now? With a big portion of Americans not having that grand whopping 100k+ that others seem to enjoy.*
    5) soft spokenness: believe it or not, not everyone who speaks confidently and with proper projection is yelling at you. *Actually, speak confidently and with proper projection. It means I can.*
    6) false humility: ugh, come on people have some backbone *What's a backbone to you? Hell, I'm quite sure Boomers are freaking out as we scare the crap out of them and how they left everything to us to fix.*

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I think people in this generation are excessively narcissistic and not nearly self-sacrificing enough.

I agree with some of the items in the OP though, in that they play into a sort of rampant relativism. People justify any and every idea by taking a sort of pseudo-philosophical approach that nothing can be known for sure, that you can't assert any idea over anyone else's, and we are all validated. This, oddly, leads to people being far more selfish and pushy than if they actually were willing to accept some things might be bad or false. Live and let live becomes might makes right.
    Go to sleep, iguana.