User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Are those the ones who do everything one-handed, because they can't put down their cell phones for five fucking minutes?

.....I'm already an old man at 33.
    hah. I'm a decade younger than you and I am in agreement. Don't worry.

My jaw nearly dropped off when i saw my 7 year old cousin whip out a cell phone. When i asked him about it, he said all the kids have them. I was like "Whaaaaa-----?!?"
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    hah. I'm a decade younger than you and I am in agreement. Don't worry.

My jaw nearly dropped off when i saw my 7 year old cousin whip out a cell phone. When i asked him about it, he said all the kids have them. I was like "Whaaaaa-----?!?"
    What I don't understand is why the parents actually roll with that. I mean, the parents are creating these monsters (lol... sorry). The parents are MY generation. *ick*
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    6) false humility: ugh, come on people have some backbone
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Are those the ones who do everything one-handed, because they can't put down their cell phones for five fucking minutes?

.....I'm already an old man at 33.
    people my age are like that too, but yeah, wikipedia says so. I suppose my age would be labeled borderline Generation Z.
    Everything that I express is simply an opinion with varying levels of support

If I seem like a different type to you, I hereby give you permission to type me however you want.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

1) Relatability: being able to relate to everyone is a bad thing. it's a sign you are either conformist, people pleasing or common.
    2) Agreability: anyone who is afraid to disagree is a coward with no personality
    3) Equality: not everything is equal. that's logically impossible and naive of anyone to trully believe
    4) self sacrifice: a culture of self sacrifice leads to a wellfare state because everyone refuses to actually be successful or happy. this leaves you with a society or poor people who are ashamed on themselves and feel the need to give away all their economic value to justify their existance
    5) soft spokenness: believe it or not, not everyone who speaks confidently and with proper projection is yelling at you.
    6) false humility: ugh, come on people have some backbone
    I actually have all of these values except for soft spokenness. I'm actually pretty agreeable and live well with other people and know how to share and work as a team, I've managed to get myself adopted into several other families since I left my grandparents home. Agreeability, I think falls into that.

But I'm not afraid of confrontation either, obviously, anyone who is here knows this.

I was described yesterday by a lady old enough to be my mother who knows me IRL as "the sweet, shy girl with a surprisingly strong backbone who doesn't break under pressure."

I also can do things with one hand by virtue of being an ENFP Gemini. Multitasking is my life.

BTW, I'm actually on the "cusp" of Gen X and Gen Y, so I don't relate 100% with either generation, I sincerely feel like I'm part of both. Especially "first wave" Gen Y and "third and fourth wave" Gen X.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

1) Relatability
    2) Agreability
    3) Equality
    4) self sacrifice
    5) soft spokenness
    6) false humility
    While I do think these things are generally overrated, I don't know how these things are specifically Generation Y related. If anything they are more rooted in the past generations....

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    As far as equality(or levelling) goes, that's kinda been the rallying cry for a few generations now. Even Tocqueville noted that Americans tended to prefer equality to freedom, and this was in the 1840s he was writing.
    Yeah equality is a value of Gen X too.

I think the "softer" values of Gen Y are more of a backlash against the blatant selfishness of the Me Generation and especially the Yuppies in the 80's.

I'm not saying Gen Y isn't selfish, but I think that's why they have more collective consideration for other people.

Sniffles

I thought Generation Y is often termed "Generation Me"?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

The Me Generation was in the 1970's. Might as well say they were in the Greedy 80's, as well.

That's the last half of the Baby Boomers. They're the ones who have used up the world's resources, et al, and leaving us to pay for it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm not a big fan of Baby Boomers, btw, from their audacity to call Gen X the generation that did nothing, to their blatant self-serving "I'm gonna live forever!" I'm not a fan.

That's why I don't criticize Gen Y too much, even the ones who are younger than me. Baby Boomers were the one who created "the monsters" if there are any.

So many Baby Boomers didn't even raise their own kids, they left us with our grandparents and other relatives, et al.