Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Gee, it's almost as if categorical systems of human personality have fuzzier and less well-defined borders than people tend to think they do.
    Exactly. I mean like, you have to take borderline things into consideration. Like how in Keirsey's system I'm NF close to SP, even though he denies NFs and SPs share anything. Or how in function theory some ENFPs are very Ne/Fi while some might use more Te or even be aware of their Si.

By the same token, those of us born toward the end of Gen X might cross over with Gen Y, or vice versa.

Sometimes I think certain types of people have a problem with the fluidity of humanity, the subtlety and complexity that can't be neatly boxed.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Unisexism
    "All about me" attitude
    Attention-whoring

He who laughs
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Unisexism
    "All about me" attitude
    Attention-whoring
    +1

-OP

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Unisexism
    "All about me" attitude
    Attention-whoring
    it is all about me
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    Sometimes I think certain types of people have a problem with the fluidity of humanity, the subtlety and complexity that can't be neatly boxed.
    Hem, no, I have no problem with fuidity and compleity of humanity. My point is simply to say that there's good reasons why generations have been divised like this. And I try to explain what are thoses reasons. Nothing more.

By the way, I find irrelevant those rants about "gen Y is narcissitic" "it is an "all about me generations", "they are attention whore", etc. There are not especially like this, and not noticably more than X or boomers, it is a pure prejudice. Every Baywatch actress were from Generation X, as well as the Spice Girls or even Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera, Paris Hilton also. Isn't it "all about me" or "atention whoreness"? I think people believe they are criticising a generation, but they are actually blaming some constant traits of America that they find negative. Plus a trial to find feeling of superority saying "today kids, bla bla bla..."

Actually, it is essentially a projection. Inquiries have been made about Gen Y. It has been asked to Yers "what do you think your fellows Yers value the most?", and most part of Ys answered "Ys value money above all else". At the same time, when it was asked to Ys "what do you personally wlue the most?", the most part of them answered "family", and when was asked "do you value money", most part answered that they don't. Basically, people, Y or not, like to believe they are good and deep people who live alone in a materialistic world, that help them to feel "revolted" or "rebel". Of course, there is a strong point in America about the "atention whoreness" "all about me" thing, but it is an overall cultural thing, not a generational thing. Eventually, Y could be a bit more self-confident than X, but really, that's just that.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Hem, no, I have no problem with fuidity and compleity and humanity. My point is simply to say that there's good reasons why generations have been divised like this. And I try to explain what are thoses reasons. Nothing more.

By the way, I find irrelevant those rants about "gen Y is narcissitic" "it is an "all about me generations", "they are attention whore", etc. There are not especially like this, and not noticably more than X or boomers, it is a pure prejudice. Every Baywatch actress were from Generation X, as well as the Spice Girls or even Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera, Paris Hilton also. Isn't it "all about me" or "atention whoreness"? I think people believe they are criticising a generation, but they are actually blaming some constant traits of America that they find negative. Plus a trial to find feeling of superority saying "today kids, bla bla bla..."

Actually, it is essentially a projection. Inquiries have been made about Gen Y. It has been asked to Yers "what do you think your fellows Yers value the most?", and most part of Ys answered "Ys value money above all else". At the same time, when it was asked to Ys "what do you personally wlue the most?", the most part of them answered "family", and when was asked "do you value money", most part answered that they don't. Basically, people, Y or not, like to believe they are good and deep people who live alone in a materialistic world, that help them to feel "revolted" or "rebel". Of course, there is a strong point in America about the "atention whoreness" "all about me" thing, but it is an overall cultural thing, not a generational thing. Eventually, Y could be a bit more self-confident than X, but really, that's just that.
    that is SO true. are you sure you're not a TJ? we don't always agree on given points, but your logic is very direct and gets to the bottom of things.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Thank you.(: I think that to be logic and get to the bottom thing is a very Ti thing. Te is more about being directive and organise the external world, something that I'am not usually driven to do.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Thank you.(: I think that to be logic and get to the bottom thing is a very Ti thing. Te is more about being directive and organise the external world, something that I'am not usually driven to do.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure you seem Ti.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    it is all about me
    Oh, where did you find that picture of me?

I think that since the eighties and maybe before that the rise of the Me First society has been secured.