User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I'm not fighting. All I did was say that I thought something was B.S. and she got upset or something instead of just responding.

I don't even think I was being harsh.
    You weren't... at all. You made a valid point, also you mentioned you think Gen Y started in '77 and ended in the early 90's, what year do you think it ended, perhaps the end of '93?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by The_World_As_Will View Post
    You weren't... at all. You made a valid point, also you mentioned you think Gen Y started in '77 and ended in the early 90's, what year do you think it ended, perhaps the end of '93?
    Yes probably around '92 or '93. Would anyone born after '94 even remember 9/11? I mean if we're using political events as the measuring stick.

Banned

Depends on the individual. There is no factory line. We don't suddenly start issuing 'Generation Win' stamps for the newborns at maternity wards at 2pm EST 21st of Nov 2039 you know.

It's attitude based, not experience based. An entirely theoretical construct perceived in the eyes of those who observe.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    Depends on the individual. There is no factory line. We don't suddenly start issuing 'Generation Win' stamps for the newborns at maternity wards at 2pm EST 21st of Nov 2039 you know.

It's attitude based, not experience based. An entirely theoretical construct perceived in the eyes of those who observe.
    Generation Win... remembering the day Charlie Sheen went bat shit.
    "Others should not judge what you truly are, instead you should find yourself. You may find yourself in a bowl of cereal or dreaming of the unknown, but make sure it is you who finds you." - Myself

ENTP
    Extroverted (E) 56.76% Introverted (I) 43.24%
    Intuitive (N) 64.29% Sensing (S) 35.71%
    Thinking (T) 62.5% Feeling (F) 37.5%
    Perceiving (P) 75% Judging (J) 25%

9w8 SP/SX
    Neutral

:P well at-least you don't, I do, lol 'this is your generation and you're gonna like it!'

but seriously, would agree it depends on the individual, though I haven't really met anyone (beyond extended family) born after '93 so I can't really say in depth, though yeah it's most likely an individual thing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
    Generation Win... remembering the day Charlie Sheen went bat shit.
    I'm 'Winning' all the generations.

*insert subtle nerd joke*

:P well at-least you don't, I do, lol 'this is your generation and you're gonna like it!'

but seriously, would agree it depends on the individual, though I haven't really met anyone (beyond extended family) born after '93 so I can't really say in depth, though yeah it's most likely an individual thing.
    I think we still see more overlap between generations Y and Z than any 'next one'. It depends how much the individual was influenced by new means of communication. I'm 26, a lot of people my age still (surprisingly) think of the world in very communal, easy going, no controversy Generation Y algorithims, however its about 40%Z to 60%Y. Of course, general societal concerns are still marked. For example, *most* of the PRChina people I've met around my age are Markedly Generation Y.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah, I already made this point a few pages back. Gen Y didn't just cleanly start at midnight December 31, 1981.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Yes. It sart at midnight 1st january 1982.

And Gen Z start in 2001. Actually, the point for Gen Y, according to the authors, is the fall of the Berlin Wall, wich felt in 1989, the point for Z is the current economic crisis wich start in 2008, Gen Y and Gen Z where at max 7 years old at theses points. So Gen Z don't star in the early 90s as you think. Thoses are born befor 2000, they are millenials. And people born between 1977 and 1981 are culturally closer with people born in the 60s than thoses born later than them. When we ask to them is they feel closer with Kurt Cobain or Lady Gaga, the answers are quite clear.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

garbage

Gee, it's almost as if categorical systems of human personality have fuzzier and less well-defined borders than people tend to think they do.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Yes. It sart at midnight 1st january 1982.

And Gen Z start in 2001. Actually, the point for Gen Y, according to the authors, is the fall of the Berlin Wall, wich felt in 1989, the point for Z is the current economic crisis wich start in 2008, Gen Y and Gen Z where at max 7 years old at theses points. So Gen Z don't star in the early 90s as you think. Thoses are born befor 2000, they are millenials. And people born between 1977 and 1981 are culturally closer with people born in the 60s than thoses born later than them. When we ask to them is they feel closer with Kurt Cobain or Lady Gaga, the answers are quite clear.
    What you said right there don't make no sense. Soviet Union collapsed AFTER Berlin Wall went down, but you said Soviet Union collapse affects Gen X and Berlin Wall affects Gen Y? Did you just make a typo?