User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

1) I want to travel all over the world. A few years ago I was in Bolivia for a few months and I bumped into lots of European backpackers who'd been traveling anywhere from 6-10months...some of them were being expected to come back by their employers after all that time, wtf.

2) I want to hone my songwriting craft and guitar skills, I'd like to record and perform on occasion, maybe even form a band (even though the band drama scared me away from that a long time ago).

3) I want to go back to school and finally pursue a degree I enjoy, unlike the one that was practical at the time. I'd like to pursue psychology and practice counseling and eventually one day even get my doctorate. A career you enjoy will most likely be your last until retirement, still got plenty of time.

4) I want to retake my real estate classes, but this time go all the way pursuing my license so I could practice buying/selling/investing on property and land on the side in DC/MD/VA and any other state I frequent travel to.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    That doesn't sound very ENTJ of you at all. I think I might start harassing you again about being an ExFP.
    Maybe I should start adding "/sarcasm" at the end of my posts...
    Last edited by figsfiggyfigs; 05-18-2011 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Definitely should start adding it...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

I aspire to make out with the dude in the green up above one day.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    I used to want to be an entrepreneur, but never thought up a good business idea let alone a plan. I was pushed into engineering, got my degree and have been working as a consultant. I thought consulting would be a great career choice, giving me the chance to get out of the office once in a while and to get a wide variety of experience. After working at this for several years I recently realized that working like an S.O.B. for comparatively poor pay was not worth my time anymore and rather than carry on working a job that I have come to loathe, I quit.

So now I'm not entirely sure what I want to do anymore. I'm not the kind of person who lives to work, which is the kind of dedication required to go anywhere in engineering consulting. I have been working to live, but haven't done a whole hell of a lot of living over the past... oh, eight years or so... and this has made me pissed off and miserable.

I want to do something fulfilling. (House-husbandry is decidedly NOT fulfilling.) I want to do something that, well, I want to do, rather than something I could do or should do. I'm tired of listening to people telling what I should do.

I'm just not sure what I want to do anymore.

For now I think I'll bugger off and travel. My passport is up to date; suggestions?
    I have heard this time and time again from engineers. This reputation does not bode well on the profession. It seems like a good percentage of people who are drawn to engineering start out wanting to develop or invent things. They are imagineers, scientists and physicists that want to do great things for the world with their gifted minds, but instead they end up saddled with boring, mundane, mentally stifling work by their employers. I wouldn't call this very encouraging for their minds. I am saddened to see great minds not being used to their full potential, especially when they want to be.

BTW, I suggest south america.

Quote Originally Posted by luminous beam View Post
    I aspire to make out with the dude in the green up above one day.
    He's mine though.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    He's mine though.
    lol Oh, my bad...I'll fight you for him.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

If my husband and I had kids, I'd prefer to be the housewife.
    If we didn't have kids, I wouldn't mind having him as a househusband (provided he truly didn't mind).

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I have heard this time and time again from engineers. This reputation does not bode well on the profession. It seems like a good percentage of people who are drawn to engineering start out wanting to develop or invent things. They are imagineers, scientists and physicists that want to do great things for the world with their gifted minds, but instead they end up saddled with boring, mundane, mentally stifling work by their employers. I wouldn't call this very encouraging for their minds. I am saddened to see great minds not being used to their full potential, especially when they want to be.
    A few days have passed since I gave my notice and in those few days I have heard the same story from a few people. Worked hard at first, had a lot of ambition at first, did well, kept working hard for a few years, realized that in those few years they haven't advanced themselves at all (not learning or doing anything new, same old crappy work they thought they'd be done with after a few years), ambition died off and they quit.

BTW, I suggest south america.
    Right now I'm leaning toward "First World" countries (USA, Europe, Australia, New Zealand). I'd rather get some of those out of the way before venturing elsewhere.

(and frankly I have no interest in going to Asia or Africa right now)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by violaine View Post
    I want a house husband.
    me too! haha i want to own a successful photography studio or two...with some other amazing photographers on staff and only work when i want to..spending the rest of the time traveling around with my family.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Hm, I suppose my ambition is to stay flexible & open to different opportunities (how very P of me).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe