User Tag List

12311 Last

Default Other Forums vs. Typology Central

So what do you guys think about other forums in comparison to Typology Central? Just wondering .

Typology Central is #1.... to me any way.

[YOUTUBE="iqaSWj8ygrc"]Cheers[/YOUTUBE]
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

ThatGirl

I like type c. But I also think we have lost intellectual curiosity, and have become a bit clique-ish. I am interested in seeing how it evolves now.

All the forums are the same, different format and stages of progress. Still the same.

I dont think they are the same at all! One of the other personalty typing sites seemed to have a lot of immature posters, the other one just didnt have enough people posting! Borrrring .
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I prefer TypoC to others by a sizable margin. Lots of the other MBTI related forums offer equal quality in terms of discussion topics and information, yet just don't seem to have the same set of unique and dominant personalities in their users that really push the transition from interesting reading material into an entertaining experience. I'm not sure if that's due to my own lack of investment timewise in the community of other forums, but here people just seemed to stand out more initially, thus allowing the forum to better hold my interest.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    I dont think they are the same at all! One of the other personalty typing sites seemed to have a lot of immature posters, the other one just didnt have enough posters! Borrrring .

Yeah, that happens when people intellectually evolve. Have already tested limits. run through ideas, etc. I will say that personality cafe is probably adolescent not only in general age but in thought. Which makes them either brilliant, or completely retarded. Also their format is just way too busy, probably attracting more E than I.
    Last edited by ThatGirl; 05-17-2011 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Damn it you edited your post :(

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

yay this site is working again! still bit laggy tho

i have been getting my daily dose of typology from perc while this site was down and typoc is way way better. 90% of perc are some totally new people to typology with under 100 posts, 7% are plain idiots and rest are members from typoc or other ok folks. no wonder everyone there are new posters because most of the regulars try to make them go away by being assholes.

but there is other non typology related forum that i also use thats pretty much as good as this forum, but its really different and maybe just pretty much as good as this because i got alot of friends there who i have known for years, and even more other people that i could almost call as friends(just almost because i dont see those guys anywhere in the internets outside forum).
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    yay this site is working again! still bit laggy tho

i have been getting my daily dose of typology from perc while this site was down and typoc is way way better. 90% of perc are some totally new people to typology with under 100 posts, 7% are plain idiots and rest are members from typoc or other ok folks. no wonder everyone there are new posters because most of the regulars try to make them go away by being assholes.

but there is other non typology related forum that i also use thats pretty much as good as this forum, but its really different and maybe just pretty much as good as this because i got alot of friends there who i have known for years, and even more other people that i could almost call as friends(just almost because i dont see those guys anywhere in the internets outside forum).

Yup, Seconded

and Glad to see the forum is back!

Banned

TypoC is fine, it could do with a more PRO (i.e. a decent) interface and perhaps some rejigging of the forum structure to stimulate more action.

Ginkgo

I think they are what you make of them. I approach each one like I would approach a new person - with a different set of tools and strategies to direct the situation toward the best outcome. Yes, flocks of immature and ignorant posters make their laps around a few forums, but why does that have to be a reason to steer clear of them? Why not shoot them down, share what you know, inform, or mark the place with a stamp of your own? People see the ripples of distinguished individuals first.

Chances are, someone or something waits for you on every front, whether it be forums or elsewhere, whether you notice it at first glance or not. Why not seize it?

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

TypoC is going to be great now that we've scared away all the newbies with the downtime. :p