User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I was more focused on "structure" that you mentioned (which sounds like a topical reorg), since mods might be able to do some of that, but... whatever you want to suggest.
    I was thinking of nesting some of the channels and pulling out the 'Type Me and Others' forum to the foreground. Also considering the difference between bonfire and fluff.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Personality Cafe is the main forum I post on besides this one. Since Typology Central has been down, Personality Cafe has been where I've been spending much of my time lately. I enjoy Personality Cafe and will continue to post there even though this site is back up. I still prefer Typology Central overall though. I think its partly because the size is just right. Personality Cafe has too many threads and subforums to navigate. It's alot more picking and choosing over there. Also, I joined Typology Central first and I've gotten to know the people over here. There are alot of interesting people on this forum and this forum has a more close knit community feel to it as well as depth to the posts. This forum skews a little older than Personality Cafe. Over there, there are alot of teens and college students who have just encountered MBTI for the first time. Sometimes there will be multiple threads at once on the same topic which gets kinda annoying. How many threads about music and MBTI type do you need? Personality Cafe has alot more people and while there's some very interesting people that I've gotten to know, there's a ton of people I encounter that I don't know at all. Over there, its easy for someone to have 1000+ posts and I still don't have a sense of who they are. Personality Cafe has a subforum for every MBTI type and there are alot of people who primarily post in their type subforum and don't branch out much to others. I don't see that happening much here. I also think its cool how the member blogs are integrated into the forum itself, making it easier to get to know members on a deeper level.

That all said, to be fair, there are some things that I like about Personality Cafe better than this place. I do like the subforums for each individual type even though some will say it clutters the forum more. It's nice to have more of the type specific threads that allow for deeper exploration of your own personality type. I've made several friends on Personality Cafe through the INTP subforum. It's especially nice for the sensing types to know there are others who share their type. The sensing type forums don't have close to the level of activity that the N type forums do but its nice to see perspectives from types other than my own. Sometimes I feel that this forum gets too intense sometimes and discussions get too heated for my liking and Personality Cafe seems more lighthearted in that respect. Of course there are some pretty intense discussions over there as well and people getting infractions for insulting other people but every forum will have some of those people. Sometimes, I feel like this forum focuses too much on sex and relationships rather than the MBTI itself, which is what I came for. The other forum seems to have more threads that actually discuss MBTI. Yet this forum, tends to have more depth to the MBTI discussions. So its a tradeoff. Some will say that Personality Cafe is more immature. I'm not sure I agree with that. Yes, the average age over there is younger and there are lots of teens and college students who have just encountered MBTI but I've found the people themselves are mostly nice and respectful, but maybe a little clueless about MBTI. Actually, I've found that there is more immature behavior by some members on this forum than over there. Finally, Personality Cafe doesn't go down like this forum does. I can count on it being up when I want to check it.

I also post to a lesser extent on Personality Nation. Personality Nation seems to share characteristics of both Typology Central and Personality Cafe. It's the smallest of the three forums which has its advantages and disadvantages. There isn't as much activity there as I'd like sometimes but there's the community feel to it that's sometimes lacking on Personality Cafe. The way the subforums are structured is kind of similar to Personality Cafe with a couple of differences. There, the temperaments are grouped as IJ/IP/EJ/EP (the way socionics does it) rather than as NT/NF/SP/SJ. Also there is a socionics section there. There are a couple people there, including myself that are interested in socionics but overall, discussions still focus mostly on traditional MBTI theory and enneagram. Personality Nation, has both a thanking and repping system but I don't think giving reputation is a big deal over there as it is here. No one ever gives me rep over there.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

garbage

Some take typology way too seriously, some are run by neurotic pricks, and some don't delve into other psychological topics at all. This particular forum doesn't do any of those things.

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I was thinking of nesting some of the channels and pulling out the 'Type Me and Others' forum to the foreground. Also considering the difference between bonfire and fluff.
    these are all pretty good suggestions, actually

Whoever runs PerNation has their head up their ass. Period.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Whoever runs PerNation has their head up their ass. Period.
    Why would you say such a scatologically impossible thing?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Why would you say such a scatologically impossible thing?
    I hear they waterboard people in hidden areas of the forum.
    That's all I am going to say.

Lol.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

TypeC is my favorite, but this downtime allowed me to rediscover INFJs and remember why I like it there so much.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Typology Central the only forum that saw me break the thousand post threshold, and I'm way beyond that.
    The vibe and atmosphere is very satisfying, as is the energy, diversity and discussion are rather intriguing.

MBTI
    yupp

I'm glad typec's back but i'm kinda mad cuz now I'm less productive again though yesterday I did nothing just played video games damnit and today I paired socks and began going through my dresser. I was gonna say drawers but than i thought you might think i was refering to underwear.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I hear they waterboard people in hidden areas of the forum.
    That's all I am going to say.

Lol.
    You hear?