User Tag List

First 123412 Last

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Whilst I miss some of the ripper discussions that used to happen here, and I admit that reluctantly This place really does seem like "home". Is it me? Or are we much more Ne/Ni heavy in our discussions? I just felt some discussions in other forums lacked the twists and turns of multiple tangents, and the gear shifts. There is nothing too stimulating about the same view point repeated over and over.
    They seemed nice and all though, just lacked a little imagination.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Yeah, that happens when people intellectually evolve. Have already tested limits. run through ideas, etc. I will say that personality cafe is probably adolescent not only in general age but in thought. Which makes them either brilliant, or completely retarded. Also their format is just way too busy, probably attracting more E than I.
    Ironcially, during the lull here, I increased my post count there by at least 100, and made five new friends.
    Go figure.

They hand out lots of Thanks too. But I guess really most of my discussions were happening with the same ten posters.

I also spent time on INTJforum, INTPforum, and PersonalityNation... but not a lot on the latter, conversation seemed kind of dead there compared to what it was, for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    TypoC is fine, it could do with a more PRO (i.e. a decent) interface and perhaps some rejigging of the forum structure to stimulate more action.
    Obviously our tech support has not been great (and I don't know how long Spirilis is staying on to help, he might be done now), but if you want to post ideas for forum structure in the feedback areas, go for it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sp/so

I was a member of an INFJ forum that was run by a self-professed INTJ. Because he was head admin, he constantly argued with and corrected just about every poster. It felt more like a dictatorship than an INFJ discussion forum.

TypoC has a nice mix of members of all types and a nice mix of discussions--some mature and educational, some immature and fun.
    Johari / Nohari

“That we are capable only of being what we are remains our unforgivable sin.” ― Gene Wolfe

reminder to self: "That YOU that you are so proud of is a story woven together by your interpreter module to account for as much of your behavior as it can incorporate, and it denies or rationalizes the rest." "Who's in Charge? Free Will and the Science of the Brain" by Michael S. Gazzaniga

Banned

Other forums fall into a mixture of three categories

a) Have stacks of immature contributors.
    b) Overwhelmed with contributors who don't discuss typology.
    c) Have derisory staff forwarding their pet theories as 'correct and unquestionable' often by force.

Things a typology forum should have:

a) Free and open discussion of typology
    b) Respect for alternate viewpoints and perspectives
    c) Facebook is great, why invent nu-Facebook-ology? - Not that this is so bad, but if it overwhelms type discussion... why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Obviously our tech support has not been great (and I don't know how long Spirilis is staying on to help, he might be done now), but if you want to post ideas for forum structure in the feedback areas, go for it.
    I really be much more interested in a new theme that is simple, sleek, neutral and works.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Going into other typology forums feels quite like entering a new area with similar people but jumping down a little bit upon maturity and general age range.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Going into other typology forums feels quite like entering a new area with similar people but jumping down a little bit upon maturity and general age range.
    OH NOW I SEE WHAT YOUR AVATAR IS. Hah!

Ok, carry on ladies and gents.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    OH NOW I SEE WHAT YOUR AVATAR IS. Hah!

Ok, carry on ladies and gents.
    Haha, a bit too small over at the other place? Everything all makes sense when typec jumps back up.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Oakysage View Post
    Haha, a bit too small over at the other place? Everything all makes sense when typec jumps back up.
    I swear when typeC was down, everything was in contrast color like this -

It was like being forced to watch Ghost Hunters while driving, eating, and even sleeping. *shudders*

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by InvisibleJim View Post
    I really be much more interested in a new theme that is simple, sleek, neutral and works.
    I was more focused on "structure" that you mentioned (which sounds like a topical reorg), since mods might be able to do some of that, but... whatever you want to suggest.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    I swear when typeC was down, everything was in contrast color like this -

/img

/img

It was like being forced to watch Ghost Hunters while driving, eating, and even sleeping. *shudders*
    Seems typec has been integrated into the what is required for the blood and sensory perceptive organs to work.