User Tag List

First 8161718

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so

I only go to another forum besides Typology Central, which is Personality Cafe. I've joined here a few days ago, but from what I've seen so far is that TypoC is more tolerate toward some types -- like SJs for example; SJs are usually hated and bashed, but here I haven't seen too much of it; in fact I've seen a lot of SJs here and the SJ forum is quite active -- at least more active than the PerC one. On PerC there seems to be a lot of "typist" and biased people who take stereotypes too seriously (people hating on sensors are not uncommon in there). In other words -- so far, I feel more comfortable here at Typology Central.
    ISFJ

"No one can be fully aware of another human being unless we love them. By that love, we see potential in our beloved. Through that love, we allow our beloved to see their potential. Expressing that love, our beloved's potential comes true." - Dr. Lecter
    Likes Fate liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

@-Beatriz

Yes, TypoC seems to have a much more mature user base when compared to most other forums, especially PerC. It's funny though, because the SJ subforum is usually incredibly inactive, but there has been a sudden influx of SJs recently that have livened it up quite a bit which makes me happy. I'm glad you are enjoying it here.
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description
    Likes highlander, -Beatriz liked this post

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

We used to have a strong sensor bias here as well when the forum first split off from INTP central. The usual frustration of Ns with S's in real life, basically. It caused some difficulties with the few sensors on his board, resulting in some leaving. After that, there was more awareness and it gradually shifted. Once we got a few more regulars (especially SJs as we were low on those) that became more prominent, the prejudice was addressed even more as now people could *ask* instead of assume. Eventually, the shift was completed. I quite like it that the culture was willing to adapt and embrace all types (as is the mission of this place, after all).
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    The mobile considerations would be one reason we may consider a different style (that is responsive). We tried a style/skin specific to mobile but the thing is buggy. We do have Tapatalk. What do you think about that?
    So I've taken the time to use it for a bit and it is quite nice. I love how it gives me phone notifications when people respond to a post of mine. It is lacking in a few features that are rather unnecessary for one's browsing experience and I realize this is meant to make the boards load much faster. For now as far as mobile browsing goes, I don't think I'd like to stick to one or the other...I'll continue to use Tapatalk and the full site (the non-Tapatalk mobile site is severely lacking in essential features from what I can remember)...but I can definitely see why many would switch to Tapatalk completely for their mobile experience.

One thing though...Tapatalk bugs me with an annoying registration screen when I open it. That is...it wants me to link my account to my email address. This is totally fine, but when I do so, it wants me to change my username and profile pic to something that other Tapatalk users will see. I do not want this because I may add another forum. Do you know if there is a way for me to turn that feature off?

Does anyone have any forum suggestions for me? Not necessarily personality based, I just need more forum time. Type C seems a little slow/sometimes I feel I'm the only one posting here, kinda like talking to myself.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexxie View Post
    Does anyone have any forum suggestions for me? Not necessarily personality based, I just need more forum time. Type C seems a little slow/sometimes I feel I'm the only one posting here, kinda like talking to myself.
    Any interest in joining Ventrilo? It can be a bit slow too, but it provides for a more constant means of communication instead of waiting 3 hours for someone to respond to your post.

Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    Any interest in joining Ventrilo? It can be a bit slow too, but it provides for a more constant means of communication instead of waiting 3 hours for someone to respond to your post.
    Sure, what's that?

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Dyslexxie View Post
    Sure, what's that?
    Ventrilo (usually shorthanded as just "vent") is the forum's chosen way for members to communicate through instant messaging. Here is a link to a thread about how to install it and get set up. Basically, you install the program, and send Oaky a PM that you'd like to join vent and he gives you the required information.
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description