User Tag List

First 61415161718 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

I've always loved TypeC but would sometimes go on long breaks because of the site's tendency to go down for days or weeks at a time. I've been more consistent since I returned after those issues were fixed.

I think the site can be slower at times but also more consistent. I frequent INTJforum occasionally, but... it's interesting. It's like a bunch of angry guys who wear fedoras and complain about how unfair the world is to them. I argue things more than I feel like I'm discussing them.

I was on PersonalityCafe for a very long time. I was a staff member at one point. I left because it started to feel too much like a fan forum than an intelligent forum discussing personality psychology. I don't know if the owner still owns it or if it's gotten better. I log in maybe once a year and don't post when I do.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Good grief. If this guy can get banned, it can happen to anyone. I have watched lots of his videos and he seems to be a particularly level-headed, mature, and thoughtful fellow. I absolutely agree with his comments about the "tact budget", and one's circle of friends being dependent on how much tact one is able to dole out before exhaustion hits. Quality vs. quantity.
    Interesting. I was kind of surprised when I myself got permanently banned. If memory serves me correctly, they had a section listing reasons why a member got suspended or banned. I created another account (because you can’t see that section unless you’re a member) only to find out that I wasn’t listed. I thought it was kind of strange because other people got several warnings before they got banned. You would think, at the minimum, they would have at least given me one warning or something like oh I don’t know, send me a private message detailing precisely why and/or how my behavior was unacceptable. Based on that alone, I can only logically conclude that there is a “lack of leadership” among the moderators and/or administrators.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

None of the other forums I go to have anything to do with typology or personality, at all. I go to the forums for Hockey's Future magazine, which is so vast, there is no way to really use all the subforums. They do have areas for topics other than hockey but those get very little traffic.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by tkae. View Post
    I was on PersonalityCafe for a very long time. I was a staff member at one point. I left because it started to feel too much like a fan forum than an intelligent forum discussing personality psychology. I don't know if the owner still owns it or if it's gotten better. I log in maybe once a year and don't post when I do.
    I guess the only INTJs that wouldn’t get permanently banned are “manginas and white knights.” I could have sworn one of the administrators wrote on her blog complaining about men. Funny how when a man does that about women, it is seen as more “worse” than when a woman does that to a man. In fact, in some cases, it is probably “celebrated” when a woman can “put down” a man.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    I am also an avid redditor, but I don't know if you'd consider that to be a forum, especially the way I use the site.
    Oh, I hate Reddit. Just don't like the style. I'll take the Facebook Groups over Reddit. Even then, actual forums are still better in my opinion. More formal. I can actually feel more academically-driven.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    Oh, I hate Reddit. Just don't like the style. I'll take the Facebook Groups over Reddit. Even then, actual forums are still better in my opinion. More formal. I can actually feel more academically-driven.
    That's not the purpose of Reddit. I don't go there for formality and to feel more academic, nor do most users of the site. I do it to pass time between classes, when I'm waiting for my meal at the restaurant, while I'm on the shitter, etc. I read mildly entertaining comments and look at mildly entertaining pictures, and sometimes make brief comments with other people. That's it. I wouldn't use it as my exclusive foruming site, you're right in that it mostly isn't in-depth enough for that, but it isn't necessarily meant to be.

Moreover, its bare-bones approach to its user interface makes it absolutely wonderful for mobile usage. Sites like Tumblr, etc. are too resource heavy for me to use comfortably on mobile. This site isn't necessarily slow to load on mobile, but Reddit is like a lightning bolt.

I almost exclusively Reddit on mobile because of the above two. So I can see how someone who uses it on a computer would be disappointed.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

I guess the only INTJs that wouldn’t get permanently banned are “manginas and white knights.” I could have sworn one of the administrators wrote on her blog complaining about men. Funny how when a man does that about women, it is seen as more “worse” than when a woman does that to a man. In fact, in some cases, it is probably “celebrated” when a woman can “put down” a man.
    I'm actually saying the opposite. I'm saying that manginas and white knights are the most likely to get permabanned on that site. There's a general preoccupation with polyamory and alternative relationship arrangements, the evils of feminism (not that there aren't), pick up artistry, social Darwinism, the illogic of religious belief, how unfair it is that INTJs would be expected to obey the expectations of lesser beings, and so on.

It's like a watering hole for angsty college sophomores who think that the reason the world isn't doing their bidding is because the world is to dumb enough to realize their inherent superiority. Of all the INTJs I've met that I liked, none of them were on that site. I'm dating an INTJ, and he thinks it's embarrassing.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Hm. Godwin's Law is outdated. We've gotta replace Hitler with feminism.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Anyways, as I believe I have stated on the INTJf forum (somewhere don't remember exactly where), I don't think permanent bans are necessary anyways. A lot can happen in two years. A lot can happen in five years. What about people who want to return to a forum they were banned from five years ago? Anyways, I don't think I am the same person I was five years ago, maybe similar, but definitely not identical.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by tkae. View Post
    I'm actually saying the opposite. I'm saying that manginas and white knights are the most likely to get permabanned on that site. There's a general preoccupation with polyamory and alternative relationship arrangements, the evils of feminism (not that there aren't), pick up artistry, social Darwinism, the illogic of religious belief, how unfair it is that INTJs would be expected to obey the expectations of lesser beings, and so on.

It's like a watering hole for angsty college sophomores who think that the reason the world isn't doing their bidding is because the world is to dumb enough to realize their inherent superiority. Of all the INTJs I've met that I liked, none of them were on that site. I'm dating an INTJ, and he thinks it's embarrassing.
    Interesting. Maybe it is that way now but a couple of years ago (rough estimation, my memory is kind of bad when it comes to specific dates), from my perspective, it sure didn't seem that way.