First 51314151617 Last

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

I find perc c boring. But that is just me.

This place has always had higher quality posts and content than other forums.

I dislike forums where there are so many posts you cannot keep up.

The whole point is to get to know the regular posters.

Christian forum is okay. But it seems like nothing is ever gained there. And there seems to be little camaraderie, probably because it feels too large.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    I feel like this place is barely active. So many people who were pretty active a few months ago seem to have disappeared. I suspect a number left with the contention. But even the mods seem less than they were.

Looking at older threads, I can see some of the old names around, but most are just sitting back quietly.

Maybe it is just a phase.

I have taken to spending a little more time at PerC just because this place is so quiet. I like it here much better, but it definitely has dropped off a bunch in the last three months. Very sad....

I
    Why have so many left in the last three months?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SearchingforPeace View Post
    I feel like this place is barely active. So many people who were pretty active a few months ago seem to have disappeared. I suspect a number left with the contention. But even the mods seem less than they were.

Looking at older threads, I can see some of the old names around, but most are just sitting back quietly.

Maybe it is just a phase.

I have taken to spending a little more time at PerC just because this place is so quiet. I like it here much better, but it definitely has dropped off a bunch in the last three months. Very sad....

I
    It goes in waves of ups and downs it seems over time. Today, we had double the number of posts as the day before and more than we've had in a month. Activity was definitely down in November.

I mean, I wasn't posting much at all. Busy with work, traveling out of the country, my dad being sick and working on other behind the scenes stuff for the forum (more to come on that later).

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Hard liked this post

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    It goes in waves of ups and downs it seems over time. Today, we had double the number of posts as the day before and more than we've had in a month. Activity was definitely down in November.

I mean, I wasn't posting much at all. Busy with work, traveling out of the country, my dad being sick and working on other behind the scenes stuff for the forum (more to come on that later).
    I know it does. I suspect come January activity level will in increase. And peak again in the summer. And decline in the fall.

I know you are working hard at maintaining things and building things. I just suspect the fallout from conflict is having a larger ripple effect as well, as people don't feel as comfortable being around the acrimony we had there fit awhile....
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    He's a funny fucker without even trying.
    Persistent troooooolling. Hehe.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Persistent troooooolling. Hehe.
    I was laughing at that part, too.

Sheep pill, broster asynartetic's Avatar

There's a lot of thirty-somethings (and older) at this forum with families, children, etc, so I think the dip in activity in November is understandable. I'm predicting a similar dip toward the end of this month.
    Likes highlander liked this post

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    He's a funny fucker without even trying.
    "People are so damn offendable! And serious about their beliefs." --a guy posting a full-on serious video about being banned on a forum

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Persistent troooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooolling. Hehe.
    fixed that for you
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Ivy liked this post

your resident asshole

Here are forums I have tried...

Personality related

TypeC - This is the first MBTI-related forum I joined and I've always really enjoyed and preferred it to the rest. The forums are small enough where I can recognize the people that I am talking to and get to know them a bit, but big enough to still have a lot of content. The topics here are also very diverse. I mean, we're an MBTI forum, but there are so many other things you can discuss here, which is awesome.

PerC - I joined this a bit after TypeC, but I never really enjoyed it. There are way too many people there to really get to know other people. But that's not that big of an issue I suppose. My biggest criticism with it is that nearly the entire forum just seems to consist of what our "fluff" subforum is. Don't get me wrong, I love shitposting as much as the next person...but I need a little bit more than that.

INTJforum - I joined there a bit after the first two and barely ended up posting there at all. I was just so put off by the extremely anal rules they have there. I'm not sure why they feel the need to be so controlling and make everything so uniform. I'm sure there are great people there if you can get past that, but it just felt so restricting to me (where is your tertiary Fi, people?!). For example, here are the rules for having an avatar: "Dimensions must be exactly 115 x 145 pixels. File size must 30kb or less. No border. No transparency. No animation. No text." My username was pretty sweet tho.

Other personality forums - I'm afraid of possible backlash/repercussions if I mention the name of the other personality forum I visit. I enjoy it, but it isn't nearly as big as TypeC.

Misc

The first forums I ever joined were super awesome. I think they were called the random forums or something, but I can't seem to find it (or the page is not up anymore), much less remember the name of the forum. I got there from a google search of random forums and I know the site was blue and utilized phpbb. The community was rather small and lighthearted. I was an very active member there from what I can remember.

A forum related to a game I used to be really into. The forums weren't bad I suppose, but I don't play the game anymore and they are mostly dead, but still up.

Asexuality forums - I posted a decent amount there, but I never really liked visiting the forums. For people that aren't into sex, the forum has a surprisingly large focus on relationship discussions. But I guess what are you really supposed to talk about if your forum is dedicated to the lack of something?

I am also an avid redditor, but I don't know if you'd consider that to be a forum, especially the way I use the site.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    Asexuality forums - I posted a decent amount there, but I never really liked visiting the forums. For people that aren't into sex, the forum has a surprisingly large focus on relationship discussions. But I guess what are you really supposed to talk about if your forum is dedicated to the lack of something?

That is because at the heart of asexuality is sex. And relationship.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com