User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    SEE

PerC: I'm a veteran member and go on there mainly to talk to certain people. Yeah, how cliquish of me. :p Rampant, rampant misconceptions to correct and so much butthurt and fluff. Generally the same topics over and over again, but occasionally there's something new.

PN:
    • Pro: it's THE place for me to go when I'm looking for a solid article on typology.
    • Pro: again, I go on there to talk to certain people, particularly a member who's been banned from just about every other forum (COUGH COUGH).
    • Pro: anon observatory feature is useful.
    • Pro: right off the bat starts with JCF. Coooool.
    • Con: it's like there's a handful of people who are revered as GOD there.
    • Con: looking back at some of the "type me" threads, yeah, while their posts are informative, I'd see them like ganging up on a member to say "You are clearly this type." I'm like DUDE, no reason to do that when you all don't personally know this person. Just say what you need to say and get out. Simple as that.
    • Con: not enough people, not to mention most of them are from PerC. It's like oh, it's all the same people in a community with a different name.

TypoC: Well, obviously, I'm new here, but I will say that the first thing I noticed is that there are a hell of a lot more sensors and extroverts here. Less of an INFP bias, cool. More active and less clutter? Maybe. The signature restrictions irritate me, but I understand why they're there. :p

I don't think any of the other fora held my attention for long.
    ISTP 3w2 SX/SO

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Nomenclature View Post
    [*]Con: it's like there's a handful of people who are revered as GOD there.
    depends on who you talk to. there's member fandoms on every forum.

[*]Con: looking back at some of the "type me" threads, yeah, while their posts are informative, I'd see them like ganging up on a member to say "You are clearly this type." I'm like DUDE, no reason to do that when you all don't personally know this person. Just say what you need to say and get out. Simple as that.
    Most people want those kinds of statements from members when they put up those kinds of threads. They want to know what members think they "obviously are".

[*]Con: not enough people, not to mention most of them are from PerC. It's like oh, it's all the same people in a community with a different name.
    Only because of the reason PerN came into being.
    I WEAR A SOMBRERO TO WORK AND EAT TACOS FOR LUNCH AND FIRE MY PISTOLS IN THE AIR WHEN I'M HAPPY

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    SEE

Quote Originally Posted by OmarFW View Post
    Most people want those kinds of statements from members when they put up those kinds of threads. They want to know what members think they "obviously are".
    Well, no, my bad for not being specific enough. I'm talking about when the person is sure that they're NOT the type another member says they are.
    ISTP 3w2 SX/SO

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

There are way too many Feelers on the Personality Cafe Forum. Here is why:

Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    He's a funny fucker without even trying.
    Likes FutureInProgress liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by serenesam View Post
    There are way too many Feelers on the Personality Cafe Forum. Here is why:
    Good grief. If this guy can get banned, it can happen to anyone. I have watched lots of his videos and he seems to be a particularly level-headed, mature, and thoughtful fellow. I absolutely agree with his comments about the "tact budget", and one's circle of friends being dependent on how much tact one is able to dole out before exhaustion hits. Quality vs. quantity.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    He's a funny fucker without even trying.
    It's all in the eyebrows.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Good grief. If this guy can get banned, it can happen to anyone. I have watched lots of his videos and he seems to be a particularly level-headed, mature, and thoughtful fellow. I absolutely agree with his comments about the "tact budget", and one's circle of friends being dependent on how much tact one is able to dole out before exhaustion hits. Quality vs. quantity.
    Yeah, I like his videos too.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

PerC: I'm a veteran member and go on there mainly to talk to certain people. Yeah, how cliquish of me. :p Rampant, rampant misconceptions to correct and so much butthurt and fluff. Generally the same topics over and over again, but occasionally there's something new.

PN:
    • Pro: it's THE place for me to go when I'm looking for a solid article on typology.
    • Pro: again, I go on there to talk to certain people, particularly a member who's been banned from just about every other forum (COUGH COUGH).
    • Pro: anon observatory feature is useful.
    • Pro: right off the bat starts with JCF. Coooool.
    • Con: it's like there's a handful of people who are revered as GOD there.
    • Con: looking back at some of the "type me" threads, yeah, while their posts are informative, I'd see them like ganging up on a member to say "You are clearly this type." I'm like DUDE, no reason to do that when you all don't personally know this person. Just say what you need to say and get out. Simple as that.
    • Con: not enough people, not to mention most of them are from PerC. It's like oh, it's all the same people in a community with a different name.

TypoC: Well, obviously, I'm new here, but I will say that the first thing I noticed is that there are a hell of a lot more sensors and extroverts here. Less of an INFP bias, cool. More active and less clutter? Maybe. The signature restrictions irritate me, but I understand why they're there. :p

I don't think any of the other fora held my attention for long.
    This place feels a LOT less active than PerC. Just look at the thread creation dates for...pretty much every thread on here. But I guess it depends on which parts you hang around in.

Agreed, though. Many of the same topics just in different clothing. Lot of new people. But it's also the most indexed of the personality sites, so...

What is PN?

TypoC definitely has less INFP/INFJ bias. Everyone on here comes off older and less into the fluff that fills PerC. But I've found it to be mind-numbingly slow. Watching-paint-dry slow.

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Sil View Post
    This place feels a LOT less active than PerC. Just look at the thread creation dates for...pretty much every thread on here. But I guess it depends on which parts you hang around in.

Agreed, though. Many of the same topics just in different clothing. Lot of new people. But it's also the most indexed of the personality sites, so...

What is PN?

TypoC definitely has less INFP/INFJ bias. Everyone on here comes off older and less into the fluff that fills PerC. But I've found it to be mind-numbingly slow. Watching-paint-dry slow.
    I feel like this place is barely active. So many people who were pretty active a few months ago seem to have disappeared. I suspect a number left with the contention. But even the mods seem less than they were.

Looking at older threads, I can see some of the old names around, but most are just sitting back quietly.

Maybe it is just a phase.

I have taken to spending a little more time at PerC just because this place is so quiet. I like it here much better, but it definitely has dropped off a bunch in the last three months. Very sad....

I
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984