User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Results 111 to 120 of 178

  1. #111
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    PerC is full of followers and crackpots, I could take it over in under a month
    I think I only visited it once, the topics werent very interesting and there was a lot of referential material, sort of "remember the time you said that" material. I dont think they struck the balance aswell as here between social interaction and really what the purpose of the sites are, typology and psychology.

  2. #112
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Ya, well they are nice that's for sure. I tried to bring some Todd into the forum while typeC was down

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww3z2Gv0EHg&NR=1"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  3. #113
    Junior Member Assailant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    MBTI
    XYZ
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Typology Central: Been lurking here for quite a while (on and off for a year and a half), and I really like what I've been seeing overall.
    Personality Cafe: Shoot me now. Interviews section is pretty neat, though.
    INTP Forum: Black layout is nice. I lurk every now and then.
    INFJforum: Fluff, but good fluff.
    Personality Nation: I really adore this forum for the information/discussions. (Totally biased answer since I'm a veteran member there.)

  4. #114
    The Eighth Colour Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL
    Posts
    1,366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    PerC is full of followers and crackpots, I could take it over in under a month
    I'd like to see that.

  5. #115
    Senior Member Eckhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    I never visited other personality forums yet. Since the OP is written in a rather general way though, I could compare to other forums.

    What I appreciate here in comparison to other forums is that you can talk about many things you cannot as easily talk about at most other places. I can talk about my problems, and while not everyone is interested, I can get at least few feedback which doesn't try to talk down on me but tries to respond to what I say. I can ask all kinds of questions and usually there is at least someone who will answer me. In general people here are nice and atmosphere is fine.

    On the other hand this forum has many quite dominant personalities and sometimes I feel I have nothing to offer to the community in return, that my posts are totally useless here and I could just as well not write them. When I try to get into discussions in other peoples threads, there are always like 20 other people who know more about the topic or just more noticeable in their posting style than me, so I get little to no feedback at all. In other forums it was never that extreme for me, if at all. This makes me sometimes feel uncomfortable.

  6. #116
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    I never visited other personality forums yet. Since the OP is written in a rather general way though, I could compare to other forums.

    What I appreciate here in comparison to other forums is that you can talk about many things you cannot as easily talk about at most other places. I can talk about my problems, and while not everyone is interested, I can get at least few feedback which doesn't try to talk down on me but tries to respond to what I say. I can ask all kinds of questions and usually there is at least someone who will answer me. In general people here are nice and atmosphere is fine.
    I totally agree with this assessment.


    Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    On the other hand this forum has many quite dominant personalities and sometimes I feel I have nothing to offer to the community in return, that my posts are totally useless here and I could just as well not write them. When I try to get into discussions in other peoples threads, there are always like 20 other people who know more about the topic or just more noticeable in their posting style than me, so I get little to no feedback at all. In other forums it was never that extreme for me, if at all. This makes me sometimes feel uncomfortable.
    I feel that way regarding this forum much of the time. I try not to let those feelings stop me from posting things but I still often wonder if I'm really adding anything or how many people are really interested in what I have to say. I agree that I feel this more intensely on this forum than other forums I've been on. Maybe because I invest the most time and energy on this forum so I care more. Also, this forum compared to some of the others I've been on seems more relationship focused. It seems sometimes like other forum members are better able to connect with others than I have. I often see exchanges of banter going on between different members and while I often don't care about the topic of discussion, I do feel like I'm missing out on that connection aspect.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  7. #117
    Carerra Lu IZthe411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    2,591

    Default

    This is my favorite forum, because of the nice mix.

    While there's some elitism going on, I feel like there's a learning curve happening among most.

    I think this is the most mature as well- PerC is too happy for me. I go there when this site's on its monthly blackout, but I feel like it's hot/cold there. Either the discussion is too surface/friendly, or it's completely off-based and full of mis-information.

    INTP/INTJ forums I've checked them out- There seems to be a lot of good stuff over there- playful Ne for INTP, which is cool, but people have to really get over themselves. There's too much assessment of who/what constitutes N behavior, which, like that dude in high school who calls every other guy queer, makes you suspect yourself.

  8. #118
    Senior Member Sparrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hopelandic View Post
    What is with the trend within Typology central and drawing comparisons to other similar sites/trying to point out the immaturity of other sites? I find that interesting people have to bring down other websites to bolster up the one they prefer... seems pretty amusing to me.
    Is it wrong to prefer Pepsi over Coke or to rate a restaurant or a hotel? We can have preferences and opinions . I honestly like Typology Central the best, is that immature of me? Was it wrong of me to want to know other peoples opinions?
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

  9. #119
    Senior Member Eckhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????
    Posts
    1,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I feel that way regarding this forum much of the time. I try not to let those feelings stop me from posting things but I still often wonder if I'm really adding anything or how many people are really interested in what I have to say. I agree that I feel this more intensely on this forum than other forums I've been on. Maybe because I invest the most time and energy on this forum so I care more. Also, this forum compared to some of the others I've been on seems more relationship focused. It seems sometimes like other forum members are better able to connect with others than I have. I often see exchanges of banter going on between different members and while I often don't care about the topic of discussion, I do feel like I'm missing out on that connection aspect.
    That is interesting for me because I would count you from my viewpoint to the somewhat more notable people here actually I don't know of course how much you are into the whole relationship dynamics etc. (and that is a good point you mention), but your name is one I tend to recognize and notice easily still (and not in a bad way!).

  10. #120
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    11,925

    Default

    TypoC is the first forum site I've been to that has an official, fully integrated concept of a meet-up. It allows it to function as more of a social networking site, but of course, typology as mostly a footnote these days. And most of the older users here don't really even participate in typology discussions, and rightly so, because it's become pointless.

    TypoC is probably the least cliquish forum I've ever been to, TBH.

    And it's also like crack. Even if you become sober for a while, the craving for it will eventually return.

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Typology Central Members Personality Type Survey
    By Nonpareil in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 570
    Last Post: 11-11-2017, 09:46 PM
  2. Typology Central Valentine Exchange Program
    By Ivy in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 303
    Last Post: 02-06-2015, 07:14 PM
  3. Site ownership: Typology Central vs INTP central
    By Robert165 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-07-2009, 10:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO