First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Limit View Post
    It does happen both ways. Several members come to PerN who get banned from TypoC stating that the staff is this and that. I'm fine with free speech and Jennifer sometimes defends TypoC.
    Well, let's give some context: I think I posted 2-3 posts max directly about the matter because Sim was continuing to vent loudly and kind of distortedly about TypC due to his long-seated grudge over getting himself banned here. And I think he kind of outed me when I tried to take a more general opposition to his colorful commentary.

I don't typically initiate conversation about me being a mod elsewhere, aside from INTPc and except to private individuals who I end up being close friends with. Why? Because it's kind of irrelevant, and I don't want other mods on the sites to feel nervous or fear I'm going to try to throw my weight around. (It helps that I use a different userid than I do here, so I can go stealth easily.) From a rational standpoint, my mod status here has no bearing on my authority on another site: I'm just another member and will have my contributions weighed as such.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Well, let's give some context: I think I posted 2-3 posts max directly about the matter because Sim was continuing to vent loudly and kind of distortedly about TypC due to his long-seated grudge over getting himself banned here. And I think he kind of outed me when I tried to take a more general opposition to his colorful commentary.

I don't typically initiate conversation about me being a mod elsewhere, aside from INTPc and except to private individuals who I end up being close friends with. Why? Because it's kind of irrelevant, and I don't want other mods on the sites to feel nervous or fear I'm going to try to throw my weight around. (It helps that I use a different userid than I do here, so I can go stealth easily.) From a rational standpoint, my mod status here has no bearing on my authority on another site: I'm just another member and will have my contributions weighed as such.
    I completely agree.

The meaning was to explain how the behavior seen in this thread happens on other forums. I wasn't intentionally singling you out, but what making a point. Others have defended typoC from the people who have complained.

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Sometimes the touchy feeliness here kind of turns me off.

But what can I say.... I've met some really cool people here.
    I agree with both lines.

The cool people I've met are the reason why I'm still here. I find interesting conversations in their blogs.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Personality Cafe is the main forum I post on besides this one. Since Typology Central has been down, Personality Cafe has been where I've been spending much of my time lately. I enjoy Personality Cafe and will continue to post there even though this site is back up. I still prefer Typology Central overall though. I think its partly because the size is just right. Personality Cafe has too many threads and subforums to navigate. It's alot more picking and choosing over there. Also, I joined Typology Central first and I've gotten to know the people over here. There are alot of interesting people on this forum and this forum has a more close knit community feel to it as well as depth to the posts. This forum skews a little older than Personality Cafe. Over there, there are alot of teens and college students who have just encountered MBTI for the first time. Sometimes there will be multiple threads at once on the same topic which gets kinda annoying. How many threads about music and MBTI type do you need? Personality Cafe has alot more people and while there's some very interesting people that I've gotten to know, there's a ton of people I encounter that I don't know at all. Over there, its easy for someone to have 1000+ posts and I still don't have a sense of who they are. Personality Cafe has a subforum for every MBTI type and there are alot of people who primarily post in their type subforum and don't branch out much to others. I don't see that happening much here. I also think its cool how the member blogs are integrated into the forum itself, making it easier to get to know members on a deeper level.

That all said, to be fair, there are some things that I like about Personality Cafe better than this place. I do like the subforums for each individual type even though some will say it clutters the forum more.
    Sometimes I feel that this forum gets too intense sometimes and discussions get too heated for my liking and Personality Cafe seems more lighthearted in that respect. Of course there are some pretty intense discussions over there as well and people getting infractions for insulting other people but every forum will have some of those people. Sometimes, I feel like this forum focuses too much on sex and relationships rather than the MBTI itself, which is what I came for. The other forum seems to have more threads that actually discuss MBTI. Yet this forum, tends to have more depth to the MBTI discussions. So its a tradeoff. Some will say that Personality Cafe is more immature. I'm not sure I agree with that. Yes, the average age over there is younger and there are lots of teens and college students who have just encountered MBTI but I've found the people themselves are mostly nice and respectful, but maybe a little clueless about MBTI. Actually, I've found that there is more immature behavior by some members on this forum than over there. Finally, Personality Cafe doesn't go down like this forum does. I can count on it being up when I want to check it.

I also post to a lesser extent on Personality Nation. Personality Nation seems to share characteristics of both Typology Central and Personality Cafe. It's the smallest of the three forums which has its advantages and disadvantages. There isn't as much activity there as I'd like sometimes but there's the community feel to it that's sometimes lacking on Personality Cafe. The way the subforums are structured is kind of similar to Personality Cafe with a couple of differences. There, the temperaments are grouped as IJ/IP/EJ/EP (the way socionics does it) rather than as NT/NF/SP/SJ. Also there is a socionics section there.
    My sentiments exactly. PerC looked interesting with its different sections, though with my time limits, I usually stay in the MBTI and Cognitive Functions section. For all the other discussions (politics, science), I just participate here.
    It did initially seem to have less fluff than comes up here.

I never even heard of PerN until recently. It too looked a lot like PerC, and I noticed the different temperament groupings (known as the Sociability temperaments in MBTI). I don't have any more time to join more forums, so I figured TypoC, PerC and INTPc are enough. Though INTPf sounds interesting, though what one or two others said about it seemed accurate. (And yes, PerC came in especially handy when the other two are down).
    Then, there's the Pudding and a couple of Yahoo groups, but two of those are pretty much dead, and the other is an ENFP group, and there is not enough of a common interest regarding the theoretical side of type.

One product of this community, is our periodic meetups, the next one being this Sat. and I'm lucky enough to be off this week!
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I think that INFJ is great and its about the only other forum I visit regularly or when this one was down and the facebook forum substitute wasnt running at its most popular, I visited INTJ for a bit but its been colonised by Randists and is a little crappy as a result, seriously I dont believe anyone is themselves over there they're just trying very hard to be what they imagine is the paragon of Randian orthodoxy.

I thought Personality Cafe was well laid out. I liked how there was an alert when you were quoted. I don't need the achievement stuff. The articles thing is pretty good. I think it is overall younger than here which changes the angle on topics a bit.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I don't recall if someone mentioned this, but INTJf has filters up to remove names of other forums.

I made a legitimate comparison to INTPc on someone's Wall or in PM (I think)... and it changed "INTPc" to the phrase "some other forum."

No joke.

I laughed when I read it. It just seemed so crazy to me to automate that sort of replacement, since there are legitimate reasons to distinguish between specific sites that have nothing to do with cutting them down or advertising them. I mean, honestly, I did not mean "some random forum out there," my comment was specifically about INTPc and it was very relevant to the conversation -- my comment didn't make as much sense without keeping the "INTPc" in it.

@EDIT: A funny thing about PersCafe is that I think they remodeled their v.2 site design off PersNation. I guess imitation is flattery. let's face it, we're all definitely separate sites and have our own flavor, but there's still some modeling/comparison going on here.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I don't recall if someone mentioned this, but INTJf has filters up to remove names of other forums.

I made a legitimate comparison to INTPc on someone's Wall or in PM (I think)... and it changed "INTPc" to the phrase "some other forum."

No joke.

I laughed when I read it. It just seemed so crazy to me to automate that sort of replacement, since there are legitimate reasons to distinguish between specific sites that have nothing to do with cutting them down or advertising them. I mean, honestly, I did not mean "some random forum out there," my comment was specifically about INTPc and it was very relevant to the conversation -- my comment didn't make as much sense without keeping the "INTPc" in it.

@EDIT: A funny thing about PersCafe is that I think they remodeled their v.2 site design off PersNation. I guess imitation is flattery. let's face it, we're all definitely separate sites and have our own flavor, but there's still some modeling/comparison going on here.
    INTJ has some strange rules and norms about the discussion of religion too, I personally link that to the objectivism fetishism again but I thought it strange considering that I tend to think of Peguy when I think of the INTJ type and he's interested in religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I tend to think of Peguy when I think of the INTJ type and he's interested in religion.
    Peguy is one of the more F-ish INTJs.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

PerC is full of followers and crackpots, I could take it over in under a month
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]