First 89101112 Last

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Personality Cafe's culture is more XNFP/INTJ dominated. TypeC's culture is more balanced. they have better forums, but TypeC PWNS PerC's emoticons
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

TypoC is pretty good.

The reason I joined initially was just to figure out my type, and that was pretty much the extent of it.

I feel like I'm not nearly as into the the type stuff as everyone else seems to be here, hence why most of my substantive posts these day are in the politics sub forum.

I'm more used to college football/automotive/comedy boards where there is a much more laissez faire approach with regards to post content.

Sometimes the touchy feeliness here kind of turns me off.

But what can I say.... I've met some really cool people here.

Although some of the coolest oldies I know seem to not post very much any more. *bummer*

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    []/\

PersonalityNation: Cancerous spin-off of PerC. Doesn't exist anymore. You're welcome.
    INFPGlobal: Over-moderated forum of uppity NFs. Doesn't exist anymore. You're welcome.
    TypologyCentral: No major waves. Mild drama at best. Allowed to exist. You're welcome.
    PersonalityCafe: Good conversation. Moderate drama. Large member base. Allowed to exist. You're welcome.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by negromancer View Post
    PersonalityNation: Cancerous spin-off of PerC. Doesn't exist anymore. You're welcome.
    INFPGlobal: Over-moderated forum of uppity NFs. Doesn't exist anymore. You're welcome.
    TypologyCentral: No major waves. Mild drama at best. Allowed to exist. You're welcome.
    PersonalityCafe: Good conversation. Moderate drama. Large member base. Allowed to exist. You're welcome.
    TypoC: SPs there are a healthy and awesome representation of their types. You're welcome.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    There are redeemable aspects about both TypoC and PNation, but I don't like the way PNation is run. Occasionally you'll see bots and walking advertisements come o'er here giving out free brochures about PNation claiming that it lacks the "drama and turmoil" of TypoC, or some such. Sounds like a desperate community, lacking in quantity, so I while noobies may get 'special treatment', veteran members get shafted. And it seems that's exactly what happened to Jim. Don't get me wrong, there's interesting material and a few good individuals there, but TypoC is run fairly for the most part, and contains a storehouse of info if you're willing to look.

So that's my 2 cents. INTPCentral is a mobfest for anyone who doesn't wear some sort of certified INTP badge, don't know about INFJc because the hippie dippy vibe took me back a bit.
    I like the way you think! I agree as well. A lot of the veterans got shafted for having opinions against the mediation's knowledge of the work. They weren't very flexible when someone said they were incorrect. Instead, they chose to take it out on the people who did not agree with them. Not very diplomatic, yanno? But alas, 'tis the internets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    The way you think is what led people to believe I was INTJ on PNation. Lol.
    I would rather people think I was INFJ than INFP or ISFJ since that is closer to my obvious Ni-dominance. Ah, the perceptions of Niiiiiiiii!

Ginkgo, you paradoxical fossil, you!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by negromancer View Post
    You're misinformed! That Cancerous spin-off of PerC does still exist!!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

I really like TypoC. With that being said, I think that maybe I'm not as intellectual as most of the other members. I don't post much here, but I do tend to lurk and read, because I don't have much to say that hasn't been said, and some things, I'm just plain ignorant on.
    I also get on PerC. I actually only joined PerC because TypoC was down, but I really like it. It seems to be more laid back and I feel like maybe I fit better over there. However, I still come back here to read different threads, because I find that the more interesting things go on over here.

Yeep.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Hopelandic View Post
    What is with the trend within Typology central and drawing comparisons to other similar sites/trying to point out the immaturity of other sites? I find that interesting people have to bring down other websites to bolster up the one they prefer... seems pretty amusing to me.
    Yes, of course we've never ever seen that sort of thread on any other site.

... to be honest, whatever. Each site stands or sinks on its own. If it's a site that a specific demographic of people will enjoy, it will thrive; if not, it sinks.

It's also not really that easy for admin staff to "make" a site a particular way, aside from creating hard and explicit rules and doing anal amounts of moderation to make sure they conform; any less, and membership controls the tone and atmosphere of the site. So to me, that just means a site is what it is based on the membership, and people either feel like it fits them or it doesn't. It's interesting that many prolific members of a site might also participate steadily (even if not as much) on similar sites, which lessens it being a "competition" per se.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yes, of course we've never ever seen that sort of thread on any other site.

... to be honest, whatever. Each site stands or sinks on its own. If it's a site that a specific demographic of people will enjoy, it will thrive; if not, it sinks.

It's also not really that easy for admin staff to "make" a site a particular way, aside from creating hard and explicit rules and doing anal amounts of moderation to make sure they conform; any less, and membership controls the tone and atmosphere of the site. So to me, that just means a site is what it is based on the membership, and people either feel like it fits them or it doesn't. It's interesting that many prolific members of a site might also participate steadily (even if not as much) on similar sites, which lessens it being a "competition" per se.

I remember joining Personality Cafe and posting my intro thread there and getting a warning from one of the mods because I made references to other forums. I said that I go by X on Typology Central and go by Y on Personality Nation. I already had accounts here and over on Personality Nation and my intention was not to introduce any competitive threat but simply to look for familiar people I knew from elsewhere. Apparently Personality Cafe doesn't like mentioning of similiar personality related forums, especially Personality Nation since I've heard that some migrated over there because they weren't happy with the way Personality Cafe was run. But I do think its overkill to not be able to mention other forums. Each of these three forums is different in the way its structured and run but overall the subject matter is similar. It's not surprising that a member of one personality forum is also a member of a different personality forum. I enjoy all three of the forums and each brings its own strengths and weaknesses. I see it as reaping the benefits of multiple forums, not as a competition between forums.

Sure some people have personal preferences for one forum over another, which is fine but I think its weird that some feel like they should post almost exclusively in one and disregard the others.

Why can't I have my Pepsi and my Coke?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I remember joining Personality Cafe and posting my intro thread there and getting a warning from one of the mods because I made references to other forums. I said that I go by X on Typology Central and go by Y on Personality Nation. I already had accounts here and over on Personality Nation and my intention was not to introduce any competitive threat but simply to look for familiar people I knew from elsewhere. Apparently Personality Cafe doesn't like mentioning of similiar personality related forums, especially Personality Nation since I've heard that some migrated over there because they weren't happy with the way Personality Cafe was run. But I do think its overkill to not be able to mention other forums. Each of these three forums is different in the way its structured and run but overall the subject matter is similar. It's not surprising that a member of one personality forum is also a member of a different personality forum. I enjoy all three of the forums and each brings its own strengths and weaknesses. I see it as reaping the benefits of multiple forums, not as a competition between forums.

Sure some people have personal preferences for one forum over another, which is fine but I think its weird that some feel like they should post almost exclusively in one and disregard the others.

Why can't I have my Pepsi and my Coke?
    I mentioned having a TypoC account a few different times, and no one ever said anything to me o.o
    I think that's crazy that they would do anything about it. It isn't like I have an agenda to recruit people to one site or the other. They're both good, and they're both different from each other.