User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Banned

I'm very simple.

People view me as very complex.

Because they would rather insert motive into information.

Pointless exercise.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

1. Simple
    2. Simple/Complex...those who think I'm complex are more....simple-minded, but not in the simple this thread is referring to. I don't usually worry about much, and if I do I'll let you know about it.

Ginkgo

Both.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    No, not stupid but simple, as in someone with simple needs and an open person without a lot of inner turmoil or conflict.
    1. How do you view yourself, simple or complex?
    2. What's the feedback been from others about whether you're simple or complex?
    3. If there's disparity between the two views, have you or have you not attempted to reconcile the two?
    4. If you've attempted to reconcile the two, why or what was the disparity?
    Actually, I kind of want to change my answer. Based on this definition, as compared to the people around me, I'm rather complex. It's hard to say what I'm going to need to be happy. I'm generally cheerful, but my needs and wants are ever changing. I see my friends around me being happy with their nice houses and jobs and having kids and husbands, and I think that they look happy. But then deep inside I feel like I'm too "broken" or "messed up" to sustain a lifestyle like that.(Someone mentioned not wanting brokenness to be a part of their identity- well I don't want it to be a part of mine, either! But I have to acknowledge it.) I wonder what would happen to me if my life became cut and dry like that. I can't even sustain a relationship without having to turn into somebody else. (Or act completely confusing.) I'm trying to describe this without sounding like an emo/hippy. "Them all happy with their families and 9-5 jobs and shit!" I'm happy, just never really know what I need to do next. I guess, if that's what you mean by the difference between simple and complex, then that's my answer. (I still strive to be simple and simplify things. ) I am governed by a few basic internal laws, but in a way, I'm just a sponge.

(Edit: Like I said, I haven't been told that I'm one way or the other, but have been called "messed up" or "broken" on many occasions by people who know me well.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

complex. i don't even know what i want half the time.
    i don't think anyone's ever called me simple or complex, but i've been called mysterious so i guess that falls into complex.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I consider myself to be simple, I've worked out a lot of my complexes and internal conflicts through deliberate reflection, however there is an aspect of this which is seriously relative.

I've known people who by comparison with I was seriously complex, I'm talking about seriously one dimensional people who've unanimously drawn conclusions about me such as "you think too much" (I'm not talking in a strict reference to MBTI cognitive preferences here) and unambiguously associated that with "you are a worrier".

These individuals I sure would describe as simpler than me, and they might see that as complimentary, in that they've lived the unexamined life and and very content with that, considering anyone who has to be "more the fool" for doing so and would be the archetypical example of "ignorance is bliss", ie to not comprehend and thing is to not be moved or bothered by it.

However, in an important other sense, these same simple souls could be considered complex because that same sort of unexamined life and self abounds with all kinds of shitty behaviour towards others, the sort of "Why do all these assholes give me a hard time? Why is everyone an asshole? How come I'm the only one who's not an asshole? Wait..." just waiting to play out in a classic industrial dispute, law suit or mid-life crisis eventually.
    I would think an unexamined life would be more confusing than simple. (well, I guess that's kind of what you said in the last paragraph.)
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

1. Complex, according to definition.
    2. Simple, according to definition.
    3. No, not seriously.
    4. Ah, it suits my purposes to let the disparity remain. It allows me some privacy. If I'm open with some of my inner turmoil, then it satisfies curiosity, and I am left to ponder in peace. Peeps don't like complex. It allows me a certain amount distance from folks as well.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

How in the world do you know the difference? I'm so confused!
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

My ESFJ ex used to always say I was complicated and overly analytical, and by that I think he just meant I thought about things more than he did.

I guess it can be complex to have more than one facet to one's personality.

I am simple in some ways, though, in terms of being fairly open, at least.

I don't really give a shit about reconciling it lol. I think people perceive you based on themselves, like they compare you to what they are. So I can seem complex compared to some people, and simple to others, and I think I'm a mixture of the two. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Actually, I kind of want to change my answer. Based on this definition
    My answer wasn't based on what she made up.
    Inner turmoil and conflict is not the meaning of the word, complex.

Defining cat as broccoli doesn't sit well with me.