User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

^ It does vary by industry as well as corporate environment & culture/expectations, but in my previous job as well as current job, since I don't have to interact directly with customers, and am more of an analyst/behind-the-scenes person, AND because I've had cool bosses, schedule has been pretty flexible. If I wanted to, I could actually have a 6:30-3 schedule, or a 9-5:30. But for me, 7:30-4 is just about the ideal.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

That's nice. I'd be able to play some sports all year long with some sunlight with those hours. I know it sounds dumb, but that's what I hate the most about 9-5, ahah.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    That's nice. I'd be able to play some sports all year long with some sunlight with those hours. I know it sounds dumb, but that's what I hate the most about 9-5, ahah.
    I don't think it sounds dumb at all! Totally relate. (not with the sports bit, but absolutely to the sunlight piece and wanting to do things outdoors)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Get up, check facebook/email/typec, make myself a cup of hot chocolate and have a granny smith and some walnuts, get ready, go to school around 8:30, teach all day, come home, teach 2 or 3 lessons with supper somewhere in between. Then exercise, practice, write, or work on some other project. Write to people/reconnect with someone on the phone, give my mum a footrub if there's time, go to bed and read a little before falling asleep.

There's a bunch in that that I would like to change though.

figsfiggyfigs

The perfect thread for stalking.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i would kill for regular 7-3 hours. (am in US) or 6-3. or 5-2. whatever. i like being able to be "free" for part of the daylight.

MBTI
    INFJ

shortnsweet, this is a fantastic thread! I've always wondered this about people.

Here's mine:
    5:15am - wake up, take care of the cat, clean the kitchen, get dressed, pack lunch, listen to news
    6:35am - catch the shuttle to my school/office
    7:00am - email
    7:30am - start on real work
    5 or 6pm - go home, read on the 45-minute shuttle ride home
    Evenings tend to be some combination of exercise, like group fitness class, occasionally a coffee/dinner/happy hour w/ a friend, going out w/ my husband, more work, movies/podcasts/reading/relaxing.
    10 or 11pm - sleep

Weekends - all the housework, exercise (since I don't get enough in during the week), seeing friends, sleeping in. Sundays tend to be fairly work-focused, like research. Lately I've been spending more time just reading, taking long walks (soaking in the spring), and hopefully getting out and hiking more a la cascadeco.

Reading this, I might be someone who works too much... but so does everyone around me even though it's bad for you... For example, I don't take lunch breaks, though I probably should, or go for a walk during the day.

And - please, tell me how I can get an 8 or 9 hour / day job. Every job I've done or seen has expectations closer to 10-12 hours per day. I always thought the 40 hours / week job was a myth, but you all are giving me hope that it's not.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Weekday: Wake up at 7:00am. Have eggs for breakfast. Make Earl Grey tea to take with me to class. Go to class at 8:00am. Class last until 3pm most days. (except Monday, where I have an evening lecture until 8pm) Go to the gym at ~3pm every day except Monday. Do school work/studying/reading until ~7pm. Play videogames until bed.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by mochajava View Post
    And - please, tell me how I can get an 8 or 9 hour / day job. Every job I've done or seen has expectations closer to 10-12 hours per day. I always thought the 40 hours / week job was a myth, but you all are giving me hope that it's not.
    My job is 8.5 hours, because I have to take a mandatory 1/2 hour lunch.
    Then again, I work for the government.

(srsly, though, it depends on your field and your actual position as to what is required of you)

To explain more w/ my job, I'm on "Flex-Time" which most gov agencies seem to have (even on a state level). I have core business hours daily from 9:30am-2:30pm during which I *have* to be at work, but otherwise I can work my time anywhere from 6am to 6pm. They make me sign in when I arrive, and I can't sign out until 8.5 hours later... so it all depends on when I sign in. If I have to stay for more than 8.5 hours, I can usually get credit hours (up to 3 days extra), or potentially comp/overtime if the budget exists for it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I'll try to post my schedule/ kind of loosey goosey compared to everyone elses though.

Weekdays that I work: Wake up around 8. Go to fitness class or go running, walk the dog, eat. Sit around and talk on the phone, nap, pay bills, run errands or drone online till around one. Clean the house. Get ready for work at 1:30. Leave for work at 2:36. (This is the only thing that tends to stay right on schedule.) Work from 2:45 to 11, (my work consists mostly of running around delegating, passing meds, doing paperwork, answering questions and talking.) Come home, eat again. Go to bed around 1.
    Occasionally I work 7 to 3. It's the same schedule only the work and home stuff are reversed.

Weekdays off: Get up around 11, run errands, go to the beach or dog park, go shopping, watch TV.

Weekends on: Same thing, including the fitness classes, except that it involves more fun stuff and less boring errands. Usually go out after work with coworkers on the Saturday, and stay out till around 3, and sleep the Sunday morning until I have to be at work.

Weekends off: Usually more than two days, (because I work a lot of days in a row and have a lot of days off). This is usually 3-5 days that consists of completely losing track of time and doing whatever my heart desires. I often end up leaving town to visit friends or family, catch up with friends and family around here, get drunk at some point. On Sunday mornings off I run and go to spin class really early with some friends. Spend too much money, drink a ton, eat a ton, go to events.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.