User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 77

  1. #51
    Senior Member Viridian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    MBTI
    IsFJ
    Posts
    3,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    I don't think it's correct to be proud of anything you're not responsible for.
    Hey, I have no accomplishments beyond trying to be a nice guy. Cut me some slack here, Sir Tater - not everyone can be a knight like you!

  2. #52
    Symbolic Herald Vasilisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    To be proud of other individuals of the same type, might relate to external measures of self (Fe). The net statement would read "My traits are the same as yours and look what you've accomplished!" with underlying implications of "hence maybe it's possible for me to accomplish too".

    Where perhaps a Fi driven net statement might read closer to "you are you and I am me".
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    I wonder if anyone in this thread - whether they have Fe or Fi - really aspire to be like any particular individual on their list. The word role model would imply designing either your moral code or planning your life to follow in the foot steps of that person, n'est-ce pas?
    I'm not so interested in taking some kind of personal pride in others because of type. Seems strange, to me. I might admire them or delight in learning about them and how they found their way in this world, especially if I relate to obstacles they faced. Its much more like, "My struggles are similar to the ones you overcame and look what you've accomplished!" But I do that with all kinds of stories, from individuals of all different types and walks of life. I relate to people who I have nothing in common with, because I can imagine myself in their shoes I think that is a way my Fe manifests. So, for me it is not about external measures of self, but external messages of hope and inspiration that are found across the spectrum of humanity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    on the other hand, I think being proud of traits that make you naturally more powerful like high intelligence or being good at strategy and planning is a good thing. I'm not suggesting being proud of your reputation for these traits, but having the traits themselves. it's politically incorrect to say, but certain traits are genuinely superior to others. I agree with you merely on the fact that most traits people are proud of are inconsequential
    Um, okay, superiority argument aside, I don't understand how that defends the challenge to this thread. Why not demonstrate with personal examples of actually exhibiting your "powerful traits"? Show don't tell, right? You've already declared yourself pro-narcissism and other threads exist where you could really sing your own praises. I just don't think that creating a list of people you think share your personality and who have achieved fame is any kind of evidence of power.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project


    Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

  3. #53
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post

    Um, okay, superiority argument aside, I don't understand how that defends the challenge to this thread. Why not demonstrate with personal examples of actually exhibiting your "powerful traits"? Show don't tell, right? You've already declared yourself pro-narcissism and other threads exist where you could really sing your own praises. I just don't think that creating a list of people you think share your personality and who have achieved fame is any kind of evidence of power.
    perhaps I didn't explain my argument very clearly. Mystic Tater commented that it is useless to be proud of something that you are born with/have no control over. I was simply disagreeing and saying that it's okay to be proud of things that you are born with that are economically advantageous. for instance, high intelligence and natural talents for making money are worthy of being proud of. the argument was more about economic utility than social elitism and self congratulation. I'm not pretending not to be an elitist snob (as you've mentioned, I'm quite proud of it) but believe it or not that's not the topic 90% of my posts.
    btw, one of your examples was precisely the opposite of what your point. I made that thread because i was coming to terms with being ENFP as opposed to INFP, not to be like "ENFPs are awesome. we're the best type in the world!"
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  4. #54
    Senior Member guesswho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    I'm proud of Eva Longoria's ass.

  5. #55
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    jung
    einstein
    and if socrates was an INTP

    Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    Charles Darwin
    he was ENTJ or INTJ, its pretty obvious and even jung himself said that he is a typical Te user.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  6. #56
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Cosmo Kramer.

  7. #57
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Spongebob Squarepants
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  8. #58
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    everyone in this thread who made a post with anything other than a list of people is talking the sentiment expressed in the OP way too seriously

  9. #59
    Senior Member esidebill's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    341

    Default

    How neat to be compared to the almighty Einstein.

  10. #60
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by esidebill View Post
    How neat to be compared to the almighty Einstein.
    I would rather compare you to a viking.

Similar Threads

  1. What are you listening to?
    By disregard in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 24082
    Last Post: Today, 05:49 AM
  2. What famous leader are you ?
    By entropie in forum Online Personality Tests
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 10-04-2017, 09:40 PM
  3. Which of these kind of people are you attraced to/would rather be....?
    By Illmatic in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-29-2011, 09:36 PM
  4. Which of these kind of people are you attraced to/would rather be....?
    By Illmatic in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 04:32 PM
  5. Which of these kind of people are you attraced to/would rather be....?
    By Illmatic in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2011, 02:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO