User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by strawberries View Post
    the question isn't 'who do you admire that shares your type?'
    Sigh. Fair enough..

It's amazing that I even consider myself NTP sometimes. I couldn't be that hairsplitting even if you [proudly] flashed your rack for me.

MBTI
    ----

sok, i am proud of you for not being contrary like me.

your resident asshole

Walt Disney!

Oh wait, he's ENTP.

:steam:

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd Girl View Post
    Okay, I just found on the socionics.com website that Tarantino is an ENTj, http://www.socionics.com/advan/entjcelebs.html

Isn't the MBTI equivalent an ENTP? How are you getting ENFP 7w8? Or is that your opinion and are you even saying that he is ENFP? Your statement, "all 7w8s mentioned above who are also ENFP", can be interpreted a couple of different ways. It sounds like you might be saying the entire list is ENFP, but then again, maybe you just meant that the last three celebs are ENFP, but you're proud of all of them because you type them as 7w8, which is what you are, correct?

Help me out here.
    quentin tarantino is ENTJ and (I think) 7w8.

all 7w8s mentioned above who are also ENFP
    by this I was meaning to include any ENFPs whom I listed under 7w8 because I didn't want to list them again. I wasn't saying that all of the 7w8s I mentioned were ENFP
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Ginkgo

I don't think it's correct to be proud of anything you're not responsible for.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Agreed.

Even if i were 80% sure of my type, i still wouldn't be compiling a list of whom i'm proud to share the type with.

Congratulations to them for achieving whatever they set out to achieve. I, on the other hand prefer my individuality.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

pinkie pie!
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

figsfiggyfigs

I can only be proud of my own accomplishments.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    To be proud of other individuals of the same type, might relate to external measures of self (Fe). The net statement would read "My traits are the same as yours and look what you've accomplished!" with underlying implications of "hence maybe it's possible for me to accomplish too".

Where perhaps a Fi driven net statement might read closer to "you are you and I am me".
    I think fundamentally you are you and I am I. I don't know if that is an Fi thing. I do like that I share the same type as some people whose style I admire. But an individual is so broad, there are so many aspects and so much is influenced by environment and any number of things. I just like the style and recognise that them having found for themselves a style that is unique to them is their greatest accomplishment.

I think that is the goal, to become fully ourselves. You can find that in aspects of others the same type as you. isfp types don't tend to be types of accomplishments you could copy whole, maybe an aspect of it.

It'd be missing the whole point if I said I want to be a musician because I like Dylan or Clapton and they are isfp. You could be really into them and even model yourself on them but eventually you'd need to build your own style.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    I think essentially the question really being asked is "name people of the same type as you that you think are cool" but I agree for the most part, especially in terms of things like nationality and ethnicity that don't differentiate you in any meaningful way. on the other hand, I think being proud of traits that make you naturally more powerful like high intelligence or being good at strategy and planning is a good thing. I'm not suggesting being proud of your reputation for these traits, but having the traits themselves. it's politically incorrect to say, but certain traits are genuinely superior to others. I agree with you merely on the fact that most traits people are proud of are inconsequential
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire