User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default why you should read bad reviews closely

I've noticed that checking out reviews for services I've enjoyed and never had any problems with the company, usually get a lot of one star reviews. But lot of times its actually complaints about things the company has no control over. Like a resteraunt review someone will be like the resteraunt was totally full, and I had to wait 15 minutes to get a table!!!!! Unacceptable!! 1 star rant rant rant rant. Or I read a review of an apartment complex that was like I painted and recarpeted my apartment and got mad when they sent me a bill to paint the apartment back to white!!! (really if you do any painting or permanenet changes to a place you're renting, you have to either put it back to how you found it or be willing to pay for them to do it, you don't own the property) or for zipcar I see a lot of I was 40 minutes late and they charged me a late fee!! (yes they have to do that, because otherwise people would never return the car on time and good customers who are actually responsible get gyped, also I found that if you call them because your stuck in traffic and explain the situation they'll waive the late fee. But still it's a good idea to just allow extra time even if you don't think you'll need it. I just don't get why people get mad at a company when it's something they've done or something out of the company's control.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I've noticed that checking out reviews for services I've enjoyed and never had any problems with the company, usually get a lot of one star reviews. But lot of times its actually complaints about things the company has no control over. Like a resteraunt review someone will be like the resteraunt was totally full, and I had to wait 15 minutes to get a table!!!!! Unacceptable!! 1 star rant rant rant rant. Or I read a review of an apartment complex that was like I painted and recarpeted my apartment and got mad when they sent me a bill to paint the apartment back to white!!! (really if you do any painting or permanenet changes to a place you're renting, you have to either put it back to how you found it or be willing to pay for them to do it, you don't own the property) or for zipcar I see a lot of I was 40 minutes late and they charged me a late fee!! (yes they have to do that, because otherwise people would never return the car on time and good customers who are actually responsible get gyped, also I found that if you call them because your stuck in traffic and explain the situation they'll waive the late fee. But still it's a good idea to just allow extra time even if you don't think you'll need it. I just don't get why people get mad at a company when it's something they've done or something out of the company's control.
    People are much more likely to relay bad experiences than good ones. Good experiences usually get zero reviews. When people have a bad experience with a company, they tell an average of 7 people! (Learned that at an in service.) That's human nature!
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    yupp

yeah I get that, but it seems that the people are also not taking responsibility for shit they did on their end. like waiting 15 minutes for a table on a saturday night is not uncommon here it's more like 30-45 minutes, and the hostess can't kick people out because you want to eat NOW!
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    People are much more likely to relay bad experiences than good ones. Good experiences usually get zero reviews. When people have a bad experience with a company, they tell an average of 7 people! (Learned that at an in service.) That's human nature!
    from an evolutionary standpoint, noticing what is wrong with something first is more advantageous as these things would require more immediate attention. that being said, this, like many other primitive brain functions, can get in the way in modern society
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

yeah I get that, but it seems that the people are also not taking responsibility for shit they did on their end. like waiting 15 minutes for a table on a saturday night is not uncommon here it's more like 30-45 minutes, and the hostess can't kick people out because you want to eat NOW!
    Well, that's true. People are all about ME NOW! Those are the people that write reviews. Their primary goal is to complain about how the world brings them down, (and they want to bring everyone down along with them!)

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    from an evolutionary standpoint, noticing what is wrong with something first is more advantageous as these things would require more immediate attention. that being said, this, like many other primitive brain functions, can get in the way in modern society
    Yes, I can agree with that. Looking for problems is a quality in the most well established areas of our brains, which is why we are here.
    A quality that doesn't always make sense when waiting in line at a fancy 5 star restaurant.

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Well, that's true. People are all about ME NOW! Those are the people that write reviews. Their primary goal is to complain about how the world brings them down, (and they want to bring everyone down along with them!)

I think that everytime some writes a review that's self entitled someone should punch them in the face.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

I think that everytime some writes a review that's self entitled someone should punch them in the face.
    The customer is always right! not....

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Takeru View Post
    The customer is always right! not....
    seriously, what imbecile came up with that saying
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    seriously, what imbecile came up with that saying
    Some SJ, no doubt!

(SLAM!)

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

That reminds me of those clueless book reviewers on Amazon who give a book one star because their shipment didn't arrive quickly enough to please them, or because they were pissed they couldn't return it after the specified period. You're supposed to be reviewing the book, dumbass! Not the postal service or return policies!

I always read the negative reviews when considering a purchase. If they're all dumb and don't make any good points, I'm likely to go ahead.