User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: why you should read bad reviews closely

Freaking Ratchet Array Rail Tracer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    seriously, what imbecile came up with that saying
    Don't know, don't care.

But a lot of customers feel they are entitled to be an asshole when the situation isn't that big of a deal.

I can understand some situations, but honestly, a lot of them are just...let it go.

Hopefully, I'll never get into a customer service type of job... ever....

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    5w6 sp/so
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousFeeling View Post
    I "love" the ones written by people that hate a certain genre of music or a band's/artist's output in general. If you don't like the music in the first place, then why bother on writing a review on it? Apparently the critic has enough ammunition to give the music a roasting.

Constructive criticism is much better than saying "the lyrics are terrible, and the music is boring." Suggest ways to improve the pieces.
    I read a blogpost from someone who works for a publishing company and he does just that. He ends up sending out alot of rejection letters to aspiring authors but his letters always give encouraging and constructive advice. He never says things like "you're a terrible writer and you should just give up trying to write." Just because someone is a bad writer today, doesn't mean they will always be that way. Sometimes one book doesn't work but that doesn't mean another one wouldn't.

On another personality type forum I read, there's this one person who is always putting down peoples' creative efforts. If someone makes a personality test that's terrible or writes some new type descriptions that seem inaccurate, all he does is say how they're complete and utter garbage with no statements whatsoever on how to make it better. He rarely says why the test or the description sucks. I've seen some bad tests and type descriptions from amateurs who aren't MBTI certified but at least these people are trying to make a creative effort towards the field of typology. They may be ignorant now about certain aspects but they may not always be that way. People shouldn't just shatter one's creative efforts without some constructive advice.
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Neutral Good

Senior Member Array copperfish17's Avatar
    5w4 sp/so

This is why I prefer to have my friends (whose taste I trust, of course) recommend books, music, restaurants etc. to me. I rarely look for things on my own - it's just too much hassle.

By the way, I'm fairly skeptical of good reviews as well... almost as much as the bad ones. I'm not entirely sure why.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.