User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    That reminds me of those clueless book reviewers on Amazon who give a book one star because their shipment didn't arrive quickly enough to please them, or because they were pissed they couldn't return it after the specified period. You're supposed to be reviewing the book, dumbass! Not the postal service or return policies!

I always read the negative reviews when considering a purchase. If they're all dumb and don't make any good points, I'm likely to go ahead.
    exactly
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTJ

That reminds me of those clueless book reviewers on Amazon who give a book one star because their shipment didn't arrive quickly enough to please them, or because they were pissed they couldn't return it after the specified period. You're supposed to be reviewing the book, dumbass! Not the postal service or return policies!

I always read the negative reviews when considering a purchase. If they're all dumb and don't make any good points, I'm likely to go ahead.

I do that a lot music-like Kanye's last CD.

MBTI
    IsFJ

I can't help but be amused when I see about 80% of the threads being basically some permutation or another of "Kindle price is too high!!!!!!111eleven!!!" Yeah, that's totally a good reason to give A Tale of Two Cities short shrift.

Also, google the website Not Always Right and see how many entries you can read without facepalming!

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

What's also annoying is when they say things like "you must read this book!" or "avoid this book at all costs!" without any further explanation. Why was the book so compelling or so terrible? A review with no data to back up a statement isn't helpful at all, it's just a waste of space.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I've noticed that checking out reviews for services I've enjoyed and never had any problems with the company, usually get a lot of one star reviews. But lot of times its actually complaints about things the company has no control over. Like a resteraunt review someone will be like the resteraunt was totally full, and I had to wait 15 minutes to get a table!!!!! Unacceptable!! 1 star rant rant rant rant. Or I read a review of an apartment complex that was like I painted and recarpeted my apartment and got mad when they sent me a bill to paint the apartment back to white!!! (really if you do any painting or permanenet changes to a place you're renting, you have to either put it back to how you found it or be willing to pay for them to do it, you don't own the property) or for zipcar I see a lot of I was 40 minutes late and they charged me a late fee!! (yes they have to do that, because otherwise people would never return the car on time and good customers who are actually responsible get gyped, also I found that if you call them because your stuck in traffic and explain the situation they'll waive the late fee. But still it's a good idea to just allow extra time even if you don't think you'll need it. I just don't get why people get mad at a company when it's something they've done or something out of the company's control.
    I think people just need a place to vent sometimes and online review sources are a place to do that. People think the company has more power sometimes than it actually does. A 15 minute wait to be seated isn't unusual at all, especially on a Friday night, that may even be on the short side depending on the place.

To be fair though, I've also seen a good share of positive reviews from those sources. Usually when a place exceeds someone's expectations. Generally, people don't write reviews if something met their expectations. The experience usually has to be a particularly good or bad one.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I remember reading a review of something where they were complaining that the product had a strong 'new plastic' smell when they first opened it and it bothered them.

...The product was new and made out of plastic...................

“Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I do the same with entertainment reviews. A negative review by a critic I generally don't agree with can sometimes get me to a movie theater.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    I do the same with entertainment reviews. A negative review by a critic I generally don't agree with can sometimes get me to a movie theater.
    Maybe, I'm just weird but when a movie gets a bad review it sometimes makes me want to see it even more.

Maybe its to test if there is any truth in what the critic is saying. My opinion seems to be different from the critics much of the time. I guess much of the time, I just watch movies to be entertained for awhile. I don't always need something profound that will completely shift my paradigm.

Also, I think there is some idealism in there. I have hard time believing that anything is completely trash. I sometimes like giving things a chance where others won't. Sometimes I'll see the good in things that others don't see.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    yupp

with movies I found if the rest of the world loves them I think they're crap 9 out of 10 times
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ESFJ

I recently wrote a review for buyagift.com and i think they should of paid me, 100% complete satisfaction.

I've also been fortunate in that on Amazon, people have given me positive feedback.

If i have complained about an item/book not arriving, i don't leave negative feedback, instead i email directly the company who (in the one case) posted me another copy of the book.

I don't usually pay too much attention to negative input.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

I "love" the ones written by people that hate a certain genre of music or a band's/artist's output in general. If you don't like the music in the first place, then why bother on writing a review on it? Apparently the critic has enough ammunition to give the music a roasting.

Constructive criticism is much better than saying "the lyrics are terrible, and the music is boring." Suggest ways to improve the pieces.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche