User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Pictures of people are lame, more or less.

Some are cool.

Most aren't.

(like portrait pictures, contrived yuckiness)
    Most pictures people take of their freinds suck, anyway, from a photography point of view. And flash is aweful, its so one dimensional most of the time. Portraits are indeed yucky, whether they are professional or amateur, I generally don't like them (this is like school photo style portrait). I also hate portrait paintings, for that matter.

As you say, some pictures of people are cool, most arn't. People are great things to have for photography because they are so expressive, but at the same time they often look stupid if the expression is just off, and most people put on this super fake smile when you bring out a camera

So, Whatever, keep up the good work

MBTI
    NeTi
    Enneagram
    <3
    Socionics
    wtf

I hate taking pictures of people.

I basically dropped out of photography school because I hated studio/portrait photography so much.

But actually I don't have any pictures on my walls. It freaks my friends out. I have lots of artwork, it's just in my closet. lol
    You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. - Jack London

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Why would you need to have people's pictures hanging on your wall? I don't think it says anything about anybody, pictures of not.

MBTI
    INTJ

I think its real purpose is so that those people feel appreciated if they ever visit you and see their pictures on your wall.

I remember once when we had family visiting, and my mom went around putting pictures of them up on the walls before they got there...like they had always been there.

It was immensely frustrating/ridiculous imo.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

I'm amazed at all the people that don't have pictures of family and friends displayed at home. I thought I was the only one!

I didn't have any pictures of people at all until I put up a picture of my baby nephew a few months ago. I only get to see him once or twice a year, so I like having his picture up. I'm planning to put up a few of my photos as decoration in my apartment, but I didn't realize until now that none of the ones I've picked out are of people.

I don't think it's an aversion to pictures of people. I tend to think the same way GZA does...most pictures like that are either subpar from a technical point of view or feature people looking goofy. It's the rare picture of another person that captures a true moment of personality while also displaying technical competence. When you do happen upon one though, they're fantastic.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I think it's real purpose is so that those people feel appreciated if they ever visit you and see their pictures on your wall.

I remember once when we had family visiting, and my mom went around putting pictures of them up on the walls before they got there...like they had always been there.

It was immensely frustrating/ridiculous imo.
    HAHAHAHAHA

That's an example of social brilliance.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

~dangerous curves ahead~
    MBTI
    ENTP

I like taking pictures of people, but I rarely appear in photos. Feel fake in front of the camera.

Met, is your mom an ISFJ... curious.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

If it makes you feel any better, I don't have pictures of people up around the house either. I do have some in storage areas and such, but I don't hang them up. It's just too weird to me having a face staring at you, because you keep thinking they're going to say something, and then realize it's just a picture.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I don't have pictures of people up anywhere but the fridge and my bedroom. It's not intentional, though. I only have two pictures of anything up in the living room. I'm not really into decorating, honestly. Also, my youngest son managed to smash his picture frame a few years ago, so I feel funny putting pictures of three of our four kids up. It's on my agenda to get new pictures made and buy a new frame for the little guy and display them proudly in my living room.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by aelan View Post
    I like taking pictures of people, but I rarely appear in photos. Feel fake in front of the camera.

Met, is your mom an ISFJ... curious.
    Yes, lol.

I was going to post something to that effect.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume