User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ

1 thing I always remember when life is dragging me down is that there is ALWAYS someone worse off than yourself.

I've been through some heavy depression when losing a best friend way before his time, (closer than my own brother)and wouldn't talk about it or seek therapy because I thought I could do it myself. I eventually found that 1 person who I could talk to, and it was my Gramma, imagine that? me 30 yrs old and her at almost 90. she helped me see things differently and we ended up very close.
    there is someone who you can talk to whether its a complete stranger or a trusted family member or friend. dig deep and you can figure it out.

lots of people here will try and help , nothing wrong with asking.

Hey, we are all in this together when you break it down.

good luck

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    probably I have been throwing up and crying and headaches for no reason
    Sounds like a serotonin issue... like clinical depression.
    a cat is fine too

MBTI
    yupp

I wish it was just depression. But I suspect it's something more. I was diagnosed schizoaffective depressive subtype a year ago. Around Thanksgiving everything was going great so I went off my meds because I didn't like the side effects and stopped seeing someone. I'm in the process of seeing someone now, but I don't want to be on meds, but I can't function without them I'm torn honestly.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I wish it was just depression. But I suspect it's something more. I was diagnosed schizoaffective depressive subtype a year ago. Around Thanksgiving everything was going great so I went off my meds because I didn't like the side effects and stopped seeing someone. I'm in the process of seeing someone now, but I don't want to be on meds, but I can't function without them I'm torn honestly.

You need to take your meds purp, or it will only get worse.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post

You need to take your meds purp, or it will only get worse.
    Yes, agreed. I don't have personal experience of this, but I know from experiences of friends and acquaintances that side effects can be pretty nasty and for that reason people frequently go off their meds, also when they are feeling better and think they may be able to manage without...but it's not a good idea... Perhaps you should see the doctor with a view to checking the balance of your meds, perhaps something can be improved there to minimize the side effects and help with the positive effects?
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

This is sort of an obvious question, but...have you discussed this with your doctor? (S)he should be able to put you on something else with less sideeffects. A little trial and error before finding the right medication is normal. It took a manic depressive friend of mine years to get the right dosage of the right product.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    yupp

I went to my appointment told him how depressed I was feeling, and he thinks a medical withdrawl from some of my classes might be a good idea
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

ThatGirl

Whatever it takes, great to hear you're putting together a plan.

MBTI
    ISTx

Don't go off meds if they're prescribed to you. If you're suffering side effects that seem to outweigh the benefit, talk to your doctor and they'll go a different route. If you're intent on coming off of medication, do it by your doctor's approval and guidance. Also, alcohol/drugs only worsen the severity of depression and other emotional/psychological disorders. If you find yourself self-medicating on things like drugs/alcohol, I'd suggest trying to stop or at least getting a good handle on it. I love beer, so I'm not saying don't drink.

I've found that exercise, working out and watching my diet do the best for me in dealing with stress, anxiety and helping my overall sense of well-being.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Prpl honey, I have to agree with TG for once: do not drink. Do not smoke pot. Take your meds every day as prescribed. Eat regular meals and get enough sleep.

Only after you've done all of that, if you're still feeling sick and unstable, should you think about changing your meds. Meds only work if taken properly.

Sometimes withdrawing from things that are causing too much stress is a good idea. I am glad you're talking to someone.