User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by oberon View Post
    So today's Friday. Where does that leave this thread? Hmmm?
    I don't know, but a professor randomly touched my hair today and it made me suuuuuper uncomfortable.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I don't know, but a professor randomly touched my hair today and it made me suuuuuper uncomfortable.
    Which hair?

...because it really does make a difference...

figsfiggyfigs

Touched your hair? how? O_o accidentally?

Gefus, that would freak me out.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Touched your hair? how? O_o accidentally?

Gefus, that would freak me out.
    Ive been dying my hair so many different colors in such rapid succession that he was just like, "So what color is it going to be next week?" and just like fluffed the top of my faux hawk with his fingers. Weirded me out.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

How do you define inappropiate touching for yourself? What are your boundaries? Who can and can not touch you? Oh yeah, and where can they touch you? Hmm..

I think that any touching of the shoulders, upper arms or head is always uninappropriate(like, not necessariy appropriate, but it's not going to make me feel uncomfortable). I don't like strange people touching me, even women. As far as men go, I tend to avoid touching or being touched by them, but playful punches in the face are welcome. With women I'd rather them not touch me in my groin area unless there's some kind of attachment, other than that I don't mind familiar female hands on me. Its kind of like this one time that I had (relatively) casual sex with a female acquaintance and afterwards I had no desire to lay down with her and hang out and curl up like I would with a body pillow on a cold, winter night. I would've been just as happy for her to get dressed and leave because there was no attachment, it was purely physical and devoid of anything beyond sexual satisfaction. Once that need was fulfilled I had no reason to continue molesting her skin with my hands. On the other hand, if it was a relationship in which there was a combination of emotional, physical, intellectual affinity/understanding/etc then I would be pleased to talk afterwards and lay in bed and allow mutual touching to continue. At that point there's really no boundaries,although I admit I feel kind of embarrassed when someone touches my anus. That's not directly related to the topic, it was kind of a branching off of it, omg, i'm sorry.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTMVOzPPtiw&feature=related"]This song goes in this thread.[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Idris View Post
    After he was trolled into leaving, one of the other interns said it was possible that he'd been "messed with as a child", implying that such a strong reaction to a familial, but mainly jesting, touch was out of sorts. Also, this comment was to suggest that the toucher should not have tested the man's boundaries. From the tension off-set by turning the relationship tactile, it was evident that there may be a more violent reaction - seeing as the man pushed the hand away so quickly.
    I take massive issues with the bolded. I'd never been touched or abused or messed with as a child but if anyone, man or woman touched me in the way this guy did, they'd be lucky if all I did was push his hand away. I'm not a touchy feeler person, period. I don't do it to others, hugs are very very rare and only in the most extreme situations and even then I'm not comfortable with it. Is it that hard to follow the rule you learn in kindergarten - keep your hands to yourself?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    XXFP

This sounds like the kind of stupid goofing around that I've seen a lot of guys do. The guy didn't get the joke and freaked out. The guy touching him should have seen the guy didn't get the joke and stopped. I know that in some circles, you do something like that and you'll get punched in the face, in others, it's just a joke, in others, it wouldn't be understood and people would just look at you funny.

I'm not one to pull that sort of joke, but if it was just a joke, I wouldn't freak out like that. Intent is meaningful, keep your hands over there though.

I tend to dislike touching that is "unprompted or unconfirmed." That is, it means a lot if you give me a quick bit of eye contact and body motion that "asks" 'can I?' At which point I generally don't mind.

Other night in the dance club this one girl kept rubbing her hands and other bits on me every time she walked past. I thought it was creepy but funny at the same time, mostly because it was such brief contact. Another girl just came up and started grinding on me when I was minding my own business leaning against a wall, it was very uncomfortable, I pushed her off. Another kept grabbing at my hand even when I was walking away - that pissed me off. Another was hilarious and high energy and after a little eye contact she was more that happy to encourage me to grab her and I was just dandy with that.

On a crowded dance floor you're going to bump into a lot of people, that's ok. Some people are polite as they can be about it, others seem to just shove whoever is in their way around. That's annoying and disrespectful.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    SEXY

In high school, me and my friends used to do things like the OP describes all the time. Just to see if we could freak each other out. Mostly we freaked out our classmates.

I think things like an occasional pat on the shoulder, or a light touching of the arm to get someones full attention are generally okay. And when you are flirting with someone you can establish a connection by playfully touching them.

On the other hand I wouldn't go around putting my arm around or placing my hand on the leg of people I hardly know.
    (removed)

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmie Dearest View Post
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTMVOzPPtiw&feature=related"]This song goes in this thread.[/YOUTUBE]
    this used to be one of my favorite songs when it came out.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read