User Tag List

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Default Moments lately with the good people in your life

I've been a bit down on the human race and my human relationships lately, so I thought this might be nice.

Have you had some particularly good moments with your friends/family lately? What did you appreciate?

I went out last night alone to a poetry reading - something I often do on my own, which is ok. But I've been fairly low the last couple of months, and have certainly been feeling lonely and misunderstood. I enjoyed the reading a lot, but felt a bit flat when it was over. I was just planning to head home, find something to eat and probably stay up late watching a film/on the internet, and moping.

As I was leaving the reading I noticed I had a missed call and voicemail on my mobile phone (on silent during the reading, of course!). It turned out to be one of my good friends who's been traveling for the last five weeks or so. I knew she was away until early May so I was very surprised (and slightly worried for a moment as I thought she was still abroad, and maybe there was an emergency or something). Turned out she was passing through London just for a day and half before heading on to the next part of her trip, which is just a couple more weeks, and then she'll be back properly.

I called her back, and she asked if I wanted to meet up. (She has more energy than I do - she'd got off a ten hour flight just a few hours earlier!) I was tired and briefly considered saying no, but actually I really wanted to see her. She was one of the people I'd been missing lately. It seems as though a lot of the people who I care about, who care about me and whose company I enjoy have been away lately, or they will be away for a long time, or we've all been very busy, or my relationship with them has changed, sometimes for the worse.

So we met up and ended up having some food and a glass of wine by the river, on a lovely spring evening. We caught up about her trip and life. She's an illustrator and has just had a children's book published - and it was a gig which I helped her to get, since I was working for a major children's publisher at the time, and showed the editors her work. She gave me a copy and inscribed it to me as "an excellent friend". We were both excited to finally see it published.

It turned out this was just what I needed last night. It was quite strange in a way - almost like an answer to an unspoken prayer. I appreciate people like her a lot. She's not really one of my "best friends" but she's a good friend: we have fun together, we look out for each other, we give some practical support. And it was much better last night than heading home on my own.

I hope you've all had some moments like this lately which have picked you up or maybe made an already good time in your life better!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    yupp

My best friend from middle school contacted saying he missed me and asked when I was going to be in Memphis. I told him to take the bus up here, but end of June most likely. I'm glad despite everything else going on it's nice to know at least one person still cares about you.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFJ

Recently - just shared a bunch of really wonderful meals with my husband and brother-in-law. They're incredibly silly and fun, some of my favorite people to be around. The highlight was the weather here finally brightening into something resembling spring and walking through a garden of tulips and other flowers with them. Trees were climbed

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I have a couple friends that I grew up with. (Like sisters/ family.) Me and one sister, and their grandmother travelled out of state to see the other sister. She has 4 kids under 5 and 1 on the way. We had a blast over the weekend. We went to Zumba on Friday night. Saturday night we cooked a huge meal. 21 lb turkey, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, stuffing, pumpkin pie, apple pie, caramel/chocolate cake, ambrosia. Then we had a whole bunch of people over and had a feast. It was a blast!
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    ESFJ

My mum who's an ESFJ (stop giving these guys shit, they mean well )

My eldest son was 16 on Friday and i brought him a driving experience. I was going to take the train and taxi to the location today but my mum offered to drive us. He drove the Lamborgini then my mum paid for me to be the passenger in a

Top speed 124mph and 80mph on the corners

Thast was so kind of her and she brought all a gorgeous lunch afterwards.

I am so grateful to have her in my life.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I spent the past weekend in NYC. Initially, I'd met up with my Mom, Cousin, Cousin's Hubby, and a close friend at Port Authority. We'd poked fun at my friend's flighty perspective, hoping she hadn't got lost in the bus terminal. We'd poked fun at my Mom being a nut about cities. Our focus was a reading of a play-in-the-making by my other cousin. It's a beautiful story about her grandparents and how they traveled for years at each other's side to evade the nazis. She incorporated scenes of her own father, as well as scenes where the characters are interacting with her as their journey unfolds. It was touching, and fantastic to be surrounded by unexpected family members during the reception.
    My cousin, the one who is writing the play, was absolutely overjoyed to have such an audience and so much family able to attend.
    The original group of us left after a while, telling funny stories of our family to my cousin's hubby and my friend on the way back to the subway.

The rest of the weekend was spent at that friend's apartment & gallivanting in NYC again. A lot of laughs were had, as expected with her and her roomie. They are emotionally tame, and extremely silly. I feel rejuvenated when I'm around them. This is especially true of my friend, who lent me her slippers, was partially my umbrella-savior from the rain in NYC, doesn't mind getting lost, can just enjoy and appreciate browsing a vintage shop, and who would giggle with me as we scampered back through huge puddles and downpour to get to her apartment regardless of us being drenched. She's just an overall good friend, in both tiny and gigantic ways.

Beyond that, there was impromptu potential to see someone very important to me that very same weekend. It was reduced to a brief phone call when plans had gone awry, expressing how we'll definitely see each other as otherwise planned in a month. Just as important since it was the first call in over three years.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Love these! Thanks for sharing. Keep them coming.

An acquaintance drove me home - way out of her direction - last night, after our weekly meeting. It was really kind because it was so far out of her way, but we had a nice chat. I think she could become a bit more of a friend. I appreciated that too!
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Aw yay acquaintances .

A while back, I chitchatted with a girl from my Biology class as we walked to her car at the end of the parking lot. She offered to drive me back near class, since I had lab next and she didn't. It wasn't necessary at all, but it was very nice of her.

Last night, a friend I'd made last semester wrote to me that she misses me, has been busy, and that we need another lunch date. It felt good to have someone fairly new inquire with me like that after a month or two.
    I always meet such sweet girls at my school
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Pretty much any friendship - even the closest ones - start out with a period of acquaintanceship (sometimes very brief, sometimes quite long.) So it's all good.

And there are plenty of people in my life who are really in the "good acquaintance" category and may just stay there, but they're nice to have around too.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING