123 Last

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Default Forum culture and traditions?

Do you think this forum has any sort of unique culture or traditions? what are these traditions and what do they suggest about us?

Do you think it is worth creating new culture or traditions? Even silly ones like 'steal another persons avatar' week or 'talk like a pirate' day?

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Well from what I've noticed, many web forums seem to have a shared set of traditions and norms to govern behavior; the typical rules like No Flaming, No Trolling, No Spaming, etc.

Oh wait, you asking if this site has any particular ones seperate from others, my bad, I really need to read things more carefully.

So for this forum, let's see, We assist each other in the process of learning about oneself, an act that typically isn't found on any other social forums. Like the 'Type Me' forum is very particular to this site (well in addition to any other type sites, but I think this site was the first to utilize it).

In general, the site itself seems to embrace and open and social culture, focused more on the interpersonal relations between its members more so than any intellectual discussions on type. Now that isn't to say that there isn't intellectual discussion concerning type, just that it's secondary to the casual chatting with friends.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

As far as the 'culture' of this forum goes, almost anything goes within reason. Moderation isn't as strict as I've seen in some other forums but you can't just get away with anything either. People do get banned. There seems to be a strong relationship emphasis on this forum. People seem comfortable to talk about the deeper things and sometimes intensely personal things going on in their lives that they want advice on. The forum is generally accepting of diverse viewpoints and interests. There are a few intolerant jerks who I shall not name but every forum I've ever visited has had a few of those.

I don't know of any traditions this forum has. Either I haven't been here long enough or there isn't any. I think it might be fun to have an annual awards ceremony. Awards could include things like most knowledgeable about type, most humorous, best avatar, etc. Members start by nominating people. Then a poll is created to vote among the nominees. The winner gets a virtual badge to put on their profile and bragging rights.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Hmm...I guess the most noticeable thing that this forum has vs. others I've been on is that most people have their MBTI type stuck under their avatars. What this means is, regardless of how they manifest the certain characteristics of their type, even complete strangers have a general idea of what a person is like upon first glance.

So in some ways, perfect strangers may know more about you than simple acquaintances in real life. Well, at the very least, perfect strangers here know more about you than perfect strangers out there.

Dunno if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but it sure makes for a different and interesting forum experience! (so I'm inclined to go with "good," personally)

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Architectonic View Post
    Do you think this forum has any sort of unique culture or traditions? what are these traditions and what do they suggest about us?

Do you think it is worth creating new culture or traditions? Even silly ones like 'steal another persons avatar' week or 'talk like a pirate' day?
    i want "steal another person's avatar" week. Sooooo many avatars on here i <3

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Make a thread about Fi and Fe, attach an adjective with a negative connotation, and watch WWIII ensue.

The LINGO - the fact that we know what FeFi are, and it's not something exclaimed by a giant with a beanstalk.

S-bias. Serious shit!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    EXPP

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    i want "steal another person's avatar" week. Sooooo many avatars on here i <3
    YES! I EIGHTH THIS VOTE!!!
    a cat is fine too

MBTI
    yupp

steal my avatar steal my idenitiy than you must die.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

^ Then that's all I gotta do, right?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

In my experience, stealing avatars is more fun when there is no set date for it and when you also have the ability to change your forum name, opening up possibilities to create some confusion.