First 123

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Being that I never posted on other types of forums to the extent that I've posted on MBTI related forum, I'm not sure whether this concept of Fluff posting is something exclusive to these types of forums, or is a general policy shared with most internet boards.
    I strongly suspect that it is indeed shared across all forums, including those real-life ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Either way, I find the criteria of what constitutes fluff both vague and subjective, and see it as this sort of intangible, indescribable that has this negative connotation and everyone unanimously looks upon with disdain, yet we all dabble in it from time to time whether it be unknowingly or intentionally.
    Fluff = small talk of various forms.

Given how we all like to participate in fluffy threads, (did I really say that?) I'm not convinced that we necessarily see it all in bad light. But one of the things this forum is supposed to pride itself on, is in depth discussion. So the key here is balance.

Quote Originally Posted by knight View Post
    state you claim as well state some reasons and then dissect.
    So you see self-censorship as a significant issue?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Catbert View Post
    I strongly suspect that it is indeed shared across all forums, including those real-life ones.

Fluff = small talk of various forms.

Given how we all like to participate in fluffy threads, (did I really say that?) I'm not convinced that we necessarily see it all in bad light. But one of the things this forum is supposed to pride itself on, is in depth discussion. So the key here is balance.

So you see self-censorship as a significant issue?
    for the reason why things are mediocre and pure fluff as well as things being a popularity contest. self censorship gets in the way of true understanding so it Can be a bad thing and be a significant issue. admitting something, might change the way we view things,ourselves and the world we grew comfortable with and some find that unpleasant I suppose. Im always happy to give the comfort up to understand, I suppose others dont share that sentiment. its the reason why I think it gets boring or part
    9w?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I can't even remember the last time I participated in Fluff threads, but regardless I would like to share my deeply intellectual and widely respected opinion on this important issue.

I believe this forum offers both serious as well as fluff topics as per the demand on either. When someone asks a serious question, they will get a serious answer. When someone looks for heated discussions, they will find the forum to their liking. When one wants to screw around, there are always people to oblige. When one wants to find their true love, look no further, I'm right here.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf