User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8

  1. #1
    Senior Member prplchknz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    MBTI
    yupp
    Posts
    29,776

    Default A theory on time travel

    i think it's possible that time travel has been invented several times, but each time the time traveler's future self prevent its past self from inventing time travel because he had fucked up the course of history so bad.
    In no likes experiment.

    that is all

    i dunno what else to say so

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    I think that's called the information parodox, or something or other. But it's certainly a parodox worth considering albiet confusing :confused:

  3. #3
    Senior Member Thisica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    I think that's called the information parodox, or something or other. But it's certainly a parodox worth considering albiet confusing :confused:
    The information paradox applies to the situation of black hole evaporation via Hawking radiation [which we haven't detected yet, so I don't see why people treat it as a fact ]. The problem here is: what happens to the information states of the objects which have fallen into the black hole? According to Liouville's theorem and quantum mechanics, there can be no information loss. However, there can be a possibility that this information is forever lost, which implies that physics is toast

    We honestly think that information is not lost at all.

    As for the implications of time travel [or should we say space-time travelling, since space and time are all tied up together?]...I don't know.
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

    What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

  4. #4
    Tier 1 Member LunaLuminosity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    2,484

    Default



    I think it's possible. Anyone here ever had any unexplained bumps on their head? I have...

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Originally posted by Thisica
    The information paradox applies to the situation of black hole evaporation via Hawking radiation [which we haven't detected yet, so I don't see why people treat it as a fact ]. The problem here is: what happens to the information states of the objects which have fallen into the black hole? According to Liouville's theorem and quantum mechanics, there can be no information loss. However, there can be a possibility that this information is forever lost, which implies that physics is toast

    We honestly think that information is not lost at all.

    As for the implications of time travel [or should we say space-time travelling, since space and time are all tied up together?]...I don't know.
    Uh, yeah. Sorry, I haven't studied physics/theoretical physics in quuite some time so I've forgoten a lot of stuff about it

  6. #6
    Senior Member Thisica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    Uh, yeah. Sorry, I haven't studied physics/theoretical physics in quuite some time so I've forgoten a lot of stuff about it
    Understood

    So what don't you understand about what I've typed before?
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

    What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI
    Posts
    2,841

    Default

    Originally posted by Thisica
    Understood

    So what don't you understand about what I've typed before?
    Um I thin all of it actually But it's no worry, as I have two books on theoretical physics that I haven't read in quite a while, perhaps I should re-read them

  8. #8
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    I adore Thisica's avatar picture.

    I like the idea of Time Travel. If I had the ability I would go back in time and build myself a little fort on an island just off Pangea.

Similar Threads

  1. Time travel and the Fifth dimension.
    By Fluffywolf in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-31-2009, 12:42 AM
  2. Time Travel
    By The Unknown Essence in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 03:56 PM
  3. Weirdest Video - Time Traveller
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-03-2008, 11:55 PM
  4. Your theory on MBTI obsession
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-19-2008, 08:26 AM
  5. A theory on I/E borderlines
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-06-2008, 08:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO