User Tag List

First 234

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Most things beyond words are deep.

The uncharted territories in deep space!

Subjective profoundity.

Banned

The well Buffalo Bill keeps in his basement.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

When in a deep moment you introspect and are more intrapersonal than interpersonal in your meanderings of the more whimsical realities that populate your visual fields of expression. For instance were I to start talking about astrophysics, quantum mechanics, biophysics and civil structural engineering, psychology and philosophy of the world, personality theory, relationship dynamics, even as innocuous as asking so what are your goals for the next 5-10 years is deep for most people apparently. While I have a hankering for asking some of the more difficult questions hahaha I'm pretty sure the same isn't necessarily true. Hence shedding those deep phat lines would be good tucker.

What isn't deep is asking about general mainstream topics that anyone can relate to and that is universal. Favourite music, film or book, something light and fluffy that gets the juices flowing.
    Unfortunately I need a dictionary and a thesaurus for the light stuff.

Yes expressing emotions maybe considered deep as well. Which strangely feelers find my meanderings and musings too much and discontinue having satisfying conversations with me while remarkably thinkers find the perspectives refreshing.

ReflecTcelfeR

The whole mainstream thing seems kind of ironic to me. A definition I consider for depth is that it is supposed to reach something universal, which means we can relate to it, or we try to get as many people to relate to it as we can. It is an interesting topic though, why we consider mainstream so shallow if that's what topics like that those do. If we follow my definition of course.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Some thing that's multifaceted that will on most occasions be subjective to the individual.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

If by "deep" is meant "profound," and the term is used in the context of aesthetic value or is applied to individuals, I'm going to have to say that I think it's either (1) just bullshit used by pretentious people and pseudo-intellectuals (usually one in the same) to try and elevate their particular tastes, or (2) bullshit used by idiots (usually of the hipster persuasion) to make themselves and others of their kind seem better and special. I honestly blush in embarrassment every time I hear some moron tell me that "Joe is a really deep person," or "ZOMG, Godard's 'Tout va Bien' is so much deeper than any of that Hollywood crap that gets pumped out today."

At that point, the only thing that's "deep" is my loathing of humanity.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness