User Tag List

First 1234 Last

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

Hux, I'd venture to say it depends on yourself. What you are at the time makes what you perceive at the time. Whether this potential being is induced by a thinking state or a feeling state.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Same idea applies to most things. I tend to view what is seen in one dimension as superficial because it only is true in one sense and that is as it pertains to that one specific thing at that one specific time.

Deeper things incorporate more than one dimension. They encompass multiple areas allowing for a deeper association, understanding, more worldly views, experiences, knowledge, or feelings.
    That was the answer that I kept coming back to for myself. However, I think that the intention is important as well, even if that does lead to some uncertainty about whether it could be or not.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by SRT View Post
    That was the answer that I kept coming back to for myself. However, I think that the intention is important as well, even if that does lead to some uncertainty about whether it could be or not.
    Not sure I understand what you are saying here. Intention can be considered another facet to consider, sure, another dimension.

"....even if that does lead to some uncertainty about whether it could be or not."

^^I don't get that.

The more areas something encompasses the deeper, and more rich, it becomes.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Not sure I understand what you are saying here. Intention can be considered another facet to consider, sure, another dimension.

"....even if that does lead to some uncertainty about whether it could be or not."

^^I don't get that.

The more areas something encompasses the deeper, and more rich, it becomes.
    It can lead to arguments if you're discussing it with someone. Like if you read too much into something, say a poem, but your friend didn't, there would be an inconsistency there. That's what I meant.

MBTI
    HUMR
    Enneagram
    6 sx
    Socionics
    iNfp Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Oh my followd by

Depth is icky.
    Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun - Watts

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Huxley3112 View Post
    Oh my followd by

Depth is icky.

And let us never speak of this again.

ThatGirl

It can lead to arguments if you're discussing it with someone. Like if you read too much into something, say a poem, but your friend didn't, there would be an inconsistency there. That's what I meant.
    Ha! Weird.

Just before I came to check the forum right now, I was thinking about how sick I am of debating stupid people over what is stupid.

I traced it down to a lack of depth by preference. Its like skinny and fat people. Some people can eat a very small meal and feel satisfied and content and others need more food to feel the same reaction.

If I told the skinny person they hadn't eaten enough they would probably disagree since they feel the same as I do, full. They may even argue that I ate entirely too much.

I doubt either is wrong, it is just different. Lol, this is very if a tree falls in the forest.....

My initial definition still remains.

MBTI
    ENTP

Songs about strippers are deep.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

So I was having an argument with myself awhile back over whether some songs could be considered "deep" or not, and I couldn't really come up with a good answer. Is something "deep" if it talks about emotions? Or if it has a layered meaning? Or is it even describable? And the truth is, I don't know. I can't know. At least not in a way that I can argue with someone why *this* is "deep" while *that* isn't. I'm just going to have to be subjective. So, I want your opinion.

What would you consider to be "deep"?

EDIT: I'm asking for your opinion in general, not just songs.
    I think deep is simply anything that communicates a complex message of some sort
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I think deep is simply anything that communicates a complex message of some sort
    While the truth is this: that every great truth is actually simple. I believe Tolstoy said that; and though he was a fool in some aspects, he was rather wise in terms of life.
    Last edited by Nicodemus; 04-16-2011 at 09:21 AM.