User Tag List

View Poll Results: Replying to old threads. Yay or Nay?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

20 50.00%
  • I don't mind/indifferent

19 47.50%
  • Nay

1 2.50%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

yay. its nice to get find some topics you didnt see before, or didnt have anything to say to it when you first saw it year ago, but now got something to say or just find the topic interesting.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Check the timestamps.
    Maybe the timestamps of posts of a certain age (eg older than a year) should be in a bright colour, like red?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Architectonic View Post
    Maybe the timestamps of posts of a certain age (eg older than a year) should be in a bright colour, like red?
    Hmmm.... That's a good brainstorm idea.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

I can't wait for the day years from now when this thread will be resurrected from the bowels of the TypoC archives by some jokester who'd appreciate the humour in such an act.

Sometimes when I am drunk and bored I resurrect an old thread. Monday is a good time to bump a thread, at about mid morning for most people in the States. That is Monday night here.

MBTI
    yupp

depends some threads are necroed to start drama, which is bullshit. but if that's not happening than why not?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP

I like rehashing "old" issues bc you change, therefore the idea is new.

Anew Leaf

I always see interesting threads that end up being super old via the "similar threads" function at the bottom of a thread page. I want to post something but end up not since it seems silly.... Also on other forums I have been at, it seems that that is bad forum manners.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i think it's cool when it was an interesting discussion. i like hearing newer members thoughts on it...sometimes i think it's new and post on it only to realize i have several old comments in it already haha
    the only time i don't like it really is when it was someone asking a question about some relationship and they haven't been here in like 3 years..then it's just pointless kinda
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I don't think it's "bad" for other people to do it, but I'm usually at a loss for what to say in an old thread, mainly for these two reasons:

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    I rarely respond to old threads because I try to read an entire thread before responding- and many of the older threads are way longer than I'm willing to read, so really, there's a much greater chance I'll actually respond to a new thread on an old topic than on an old thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    The only thing I hate about necro theads is that when someone starts giving answers to or asking answers of a member who isn't even active on this forum anymore, or asks in-depth questions that just assume the writer remembers what they were thinking or that they even hold the same belief, if the original post was a few years ago.
    For those reasons, I tend to respond only to the original post or the post(s) made after it was "dug up". So I pretty much treat it as a new discussion anyway.