User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    snoop around, find out who the kidnappers are and take thier mothers "hostage" (aka invite them over for tea and shut off thier cell phones or keep them otherwise occupied)... then offer to exchange captives
    I can actually see how this situation would play out with you. You would spend time with their mothers over tea and crumpets and eventually become best buddies. Once you're buddies, then they would call their kidnapping kids and be like, dude, whatever’s pretty cool, just bring her loved one back home. They would give in, come to your house and you’d become best buddies with them as well. Then you’d all go out for dinner and discuss what an interesting situation that was.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    Well I guess the only thing left for me to do is present you with your Junior G-Man badge:

*pins badge on kyuuei*
    I just read too many manga >.>

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I would think someone asking for money out of desperation would be open to anything BUT a power play. Chances are they are already fucked and the sum was picked for a specific reason. Trying to negotiate with what would appear to be an all or nothing strategy sounds like it would net pieces of your friend showing up in your mail box.

Idk a complete lunatic sounds easier to reason with than a desperate man with nothing to lose.
    To me, more than likely, they'd pick the number because that's the amount rumored theyd be able to produce.. If I were a kidnapper, I wouldnt kidnap a bum and call their brother, also poor, and ask for a million dollars. The number is, assumingly, picked because for whatever reason they think you have that much money on you. (which you do, in this scenario.) So, they got information, somehow, on you enough to know your accounts. But totally agreed, the negotiating is a total gamble. I'm not suave, nor would I be rational enough in this sort of situation, for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlippoth View Post
    I'm not going to fool myself and believe I'd be rational about it. I'd give them the money, I couldn't take the risk. Then if I got my family back, I'd get the authorities involved.
    I hope if I am kidnapped you are the one that is called.

I can actually see how this situation would play out with you. You would spend time with their mothers over tea and crumpets and eventually become best buddies. Once you're buddies, then they would call their kidnapping kids and be like, dude, whatever’s pretty cool, just bring her loved one back home. They would give in, come to your house and you’d become best buddies with them as well. Then you’d all go out for dinner and discuss what an interesting situation that was.
    I could see this too..
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

All Natural! All Good!

I'd involve the cops but I would have to use another phone to do it. Not sure how that would work. They would probably know where I lived and bugged my phone etc. I thought about faking illness, calling 911, going to the hospital, and while there, divulging why I did what I did, and what happened, etc. Assuming the kidnappers couldn't see or hear me at the hospital.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

MBTI
    Aeon
    Enneagram
    10w so
    Socionics
    LOL

Would you get the police involved or handle it on your own?
    Let the Police handle it. Handing over the cash is no guarantee for safety either.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I would definitively get the police involved. They have more experience with kidnapping than the kidnappers and definitely more than I do. And they too put the safety of the hostage before arresting the kidnappers.

I would wonder though why they chose me instead of somebody with much more money.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    I would definitively get the police involved. They have more experience with kidnapping than the kidnappers and definitely more than I do. And they too put the safety of the hostage before arresting the kidnappers.

I would wonder though why they chose me instead of somebody with much more money.
    Maybe because you would actually be willing to pay this amount of money for the life of your sister ?

While on the other hand they could try to kidnap someone rich. But in that case they are risking that the marines will come to their door in 20 minutes. Or that they will get the "Do whatever you want with that bitch. The inheritance should be all mine anyway" answer to their request for ransom.

You suck at criminal thinking don't you ?

I would try my chances with police.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    Maybe because you would actually be willing to pay this amount of money for the life of your sister ?

While on the other hand they could try to kidnap someone rich. But in that case they are risking that the marines will come to their door in 20 minutes. Or that they will get the "Do whatever you want with that bitch. The inheritance should be all mine anyway" answer to their request for ransom.

You suck at criminal thinking don't you ?
    I take the latter as a compliment.

Anyway, the thought did of course occur to me. But in view of the considerably higher possible gain, I might still want to kidnap some millionaire's kid. The chances of success shouldn't be so different it's not worth going for the jackpot.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    With $100,000, the problem could easily be resolved. Whether or not the resolution involves simply handing the money over to these people is another story...
    I have never in my life had 100,000 in my bank account.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I have never in my life had 100,000 in my bank account.
    OP says you do

This is strictly a hypothetical scenario, prplchknz, your loved ones are not actually kidnapped, and you do not actually have $100,000 in your bank account to rescue them

MBTI
    yupp

I'd pay it, if I had 200,000 in my bank account if I had only 100,000 my loved one better have money. which they would I'm the poorest in my family so yeah I'd pay it.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so