User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 38

  1. #11
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    The enneagram test was pretty shit for me too, just couldn't figure it out based on any of the tests, but then I looked at the unhealthy levels of each type and see which unhealty levels I've shown in my past during stressful times. It was suddenly pretty obvious what enneagram type I am. :P
    that didn't help me my unhealthy side is some weird combination of 5, 1, 8 and 4.
    PS: to all having trouble with type issues
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  2. #12
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    I never said I had trouble with it though. I just didn't know what enneagram type I was, but to let that bother you is kind of silly. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  3. #13
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I never said I had trouble with it though. I just didn't know what enneagram type I was, but to let that bother you is kind of silly. :P
    just trying to empathize
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

  4. #14
    All Natural! All Good!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    But if you are already getting stuck on and depressed over your own MBTI type, then you don't have a clue on what MBTI is good for. Because surely, a method that attempts to put things in perspective, does not intend to leave someone with more doubt than they had before.
    You have largely, maybe even completely, misread me. I know quite well what I'd like to do with my life, and I know better than to let a test result or 'type' dictate that. The career advice is only relevant here because that just happens to be where I took the test. I couldn't find anywhere else where I could take the official MBTI for $15. Yes, that's all I had to pay, being a student at the same university. If/when I visit the advisers to 'discuss' the test result, it won't be with career options in mind, it will just be to determine the 'validity' of the result (i.e. if the test mistyped me, or whether it's right, which it isn't.)

    All right. So you have now established that I have no clue what MBTI is good for. You may very well be right. In which case, I would appreciate being clued in, if you would be so kind.

    By the way, I am not 'depressed' over my type, I don't really understand how that's possible. I also do not have more doubt about myself in general than I had before, this is quite specific to MBTI. It's kind of like, if I didn't know what colour my hair was exactly, and I was trying to determine if it's very, very dark brown or truly black. (This is actually the case with my real hair, I just don't care about its colour, so I don't try to pin it down exactly like I do my MBTI type.)
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?


    Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

    Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator


    A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

  5. #15
    likes this gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    Are the MBTI obsessive thoughts interfering with or impairing your ability to go through your daily life activities?
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

  6. #16
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by penny89 View Post
    You have largely, maybe even completely, misread me. I know quite well what I'd like to do with my life, and I know better than to let a test result or 'type' dictate that. The career advice is only relevant here because that just happens to be where I took the test. I couldn't find anywhere else where I could take the official MBTI for $15. Yes, that's all I had to pay, being a student at the same university. If/when I visit the advisers to 'discuss' the test result, it won't be with career options in mind, it will just be to determine the 'validity' of the result (i.e. if the test mistyped me, or whether it's right, which it isn't.)

    All right. So you have now established that I have no clue what MBTI is good for. You may very well be right. In which case, I would appreciate being clued in, if you would be so kind.

    By the way, I am not 'depressed' over my type, I don't really understand how that's possible. I also do not have more doubt about myself in general than I had before, this is quite specific to MBTI. It's kind of like, if I didn't know what colour my hair was exactly, and I was trying to determine if it's very, very dark brown or truly black. (This is actually the case with my real hair, I just don't care about its colour, so I don't try to pin it down exactly like I do my MBTI type.)
    My apologies for misreading you then, I just thought this paragraph spoke for itself:

    My worry is that if I go to see the career adviser, which I really want to do just to see their typing methods, and they suggest that I'm a different type, even through poor methods (I suspect they don't use JCF)... the rumination and type-questioning will go into overdrive. I will have to rationalize why that type they gave me is not my real type, why they are wrong, and I am right. BUT I really want to go. And I want to be less obsessed with this. SO PLEASE HELP ME! Thanks.
    Either way, I already said in my post what MBTI is useful for, if you have more questions about that, feel free to ask. I thought I was pretty clear.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  7. #17
    All Natural! All Good!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Are the MBTI obsessive thoughts interfering with or impairing your ability to go through your daily life activities?
    lol... slightly, at times, but it's fine so long as I'm focusing on something else. It doesn't intrude then. Every 'spare' though goes to MBTI though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    My apologies for misreading you then, I just thought this paragraph spoke for itself:

    Either way, I already said in my post what MBTI is useful for, if you have more questions about that, feel free to ask. I thought I was pretty clear.
    It's fine, communication is a two way street and I can't say I was totally clear in the OP, anyway. Thanks for your response, I'll go back and read it again then.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?


    Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

    Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator


    A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

  8. #18
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    Personality tests aren't always accurate. Even the official MBTI mistypes about 25% of the time. If you you've read all the type descriptions and find one type fits above the others and you know how that type plays out in your life, it's highly likely that's your type even if the test scores say something different.

    Do you have doubts though about ISFP? What other types are you considering? Visiting the career adviser might be a good opportunity to clarify some of that type confusion. Also, if the career counselor is using the MBTI ethically, they won't be making statements such as you are type "XXXX". Instead, they will say something like "the results from the MBTI came up as XXXX. Does that fit you?"
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




  9. #19
    All Natural! All Good!
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    Personality tests aren't always accurate. Even the official MBTI mistypes about 25% of the time. If you you've read all the type descriptions and find one type fits above the others and you know how that type plays out in your life, it's highly likely that's your type even if the test scores say something different.

    Do you have doubts though about ISFP? What other types are you considering? Visiting the career adviser might be a good opportunity to clarify some of that type confusion. Also, if the career counselor is using the MBTI ethically, they won't be making statements such as you are type "XXXX". Instead, they will say something like "the results from the MBTI came up as XXXX. Does that fit you?"
    I could probably highlight surprisingly large parts of other descriptions. I just see Fi and Se in myself, though they probably manifest a little differently than in other ISFPs. Everyone is a little different, of course, but I don't actually relate to many ISFPs here. Enneagram type could be a part of that. There are many factors, but despite them all, I think I'm still ISFP overall. But when the career counselor gives me a description, even if it's for ISFP, I know I won't really relate to it exceptionally well. So it will be really problematic if they don't use JCF.

    I know I got INtj on the test (almost 100% on IN, I think, but a lot less on the tj). I know that isn't right. But they don't know that, so I have to go in with the attitude of disproving INTJ. That should not be hard. Anyway, you are definitely correct, they will not tell me like that. They will probably have me read the same descriptions I've read a thousand times over. I can only hope that they will have a new perspective I haven't found on the internet. Many people have commented on my type in the months I've been here, so it's hard to believe the adviser could offer something they couldn't... considering they probably won't use JCF. If they do, then all is fine. I guess that is the deciding factor, how they do the typing. The funny part is, I'll have to go there and have the 'discussion' with an adviser to know their typing methods!
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?


    Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

    Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator


    A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.

  10. #20
    Honor Thy Inferior Such Irony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    5,091

    Default

    I'm curious to see how it goes. I think it will go fine and you might have your own type confusion clarified. Good luck and keep us posted.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne




Similar Threads

  1. I am not sure about my type
    By draon9 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 07-08-2015, 05:19 PM
  2. [INFJ] Not Sure About my Type
    By jason_m in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 02:29 AM
  3. Lie about my type? Why not. (whatever's coming out celebration)
    By miss fortune in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 11:17 PM
  4. Maybe I'm wrong about my type?
    By alicia91 in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 158
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 06:35 AM
  5. Theory About My Type
    By Ezra in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 09:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO