User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Default Anyone want to play Rift with me????? --->Huge nerd alert

Hi forum! So I should probably have posted this in 'entertainment' but I know this is where all the cool kids hang out (as opposed to the smaller subforums, where everyone is equally cool but there are just fewer of them) and I wanted as many people to see this.

So, I am a huge dork and I just got the game Rift. Does anyone else play and DO YOU WANT TO PLAY WITH ME???

I'm not really big into playing MMO's, I played Everquest for a day and thought it was the dullest, kinda homely game I've ever played. I was an elf for 30 minutes that kept falling out of trees and dying. I played WoW for an hour and for a hardcore roleplaying game, noone was roleplaying and when I tried, this person playing another dwarf totally effed it up. Bah. I played Guild Wars for a week and that was my el favorito, I just didn't get sucked into it. Also, those were never my own copies of the game, I was playing on someone else's account.

HOWEVER I broke down and bought Rift because of all the "founders incentives" and because I am a sucker for a false sense of urgency . I bought a prepaid game time card as I don't trust online subscriptions, so now for the next 3 months I will have access to this game.

DOES ANYONE WANT TO PLAY WITH ME????

Oh gawd, playing these games solo is a grind. Also we can hardcore roleplay together and I will make you buy me cheap wine as I tell you tales of bravery with my bard.

Also, if you have this game at all, you're free to unload your opinions and experiences with it here.

“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

haha at least you dont play WOW. my mate just switched from wow to rift and he has shown it quite alot to me and it looks like a game that i could actually play(unlike wow). but luckily i dont care about games enough to pay some monthly fee for it.

you tried to kill any rifts yet?

oh and i suggest you go around exploring the place(like everywhere you can get and try to get in places that seem like you cant get to them, like climbing mountain walls), you might find something nice.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I would but I dont understand any of this. Its scary.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I've got six toons on Perspice and just started one of Berlias or something last night. Let me know.

Leisel: level 30 warrior (paragon/champ/rift)
    Ariadne: level 21 mage (storm/elem/chloro)
    Wysk: level 13 rogue
    Tallulah: level 22 cleric (shaman/druid/warden)
    Esmerelda: level 8 rogue
    ... and some level 20 mage (pryo/warlock/archon)

Half are Defiant, half Guardian. Take your pick.

Killed a bunch of Rifts so far, it's pretty awesome. Sometimes we all just do the PUG thing and run from rift to rift wiping things out, and getting stuff -- I don't even know anyone I'm with. Other times I just solo-quest.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Continuing...

I love the game:
    • 3-talent tree synergy builds
    • PUG rift fights (like Raids without planning)
    • the rifts impact the world, and you have to actively close them or they'll overrun towns, outposts, etc.

It also basically rips off WoW, improves a bit on it, and gives you another whole world to explore.

But I can't say that it really innovates the entire genre. The quest system has a bunch of added features, but it's still a static quest system; etc.

I'm getting to know the first 20 levels or so of play pretty well, in both Guardian and Defiant territory, since I've played each 3-4x w/ all different types of toons.

My favorite territory so far: Stonefield (Defiant). It's a lot like the Scottish mountains, and it's populated by trolls that are 2-3x my size, and giants that are even taller. And you can navigate all over the plains and just fight these things without trying to aggro others. Just so awesome! The keep on the center hill in Guardian land is pretty fun to sneak through too, without aggroing things.

My least favorite: The spooky level 20+ territory in Guardian land... Why do I hate it? Cuz of all the damnable spiders. I *HATE* spiders. Hate them hate them hate them. Why do all of these fantasy games have to have so many spiders? Gaaa. I mean, really, to have to farm territory full of creepy crawlers just annoys me. I don't like the next territory much either (looks like Arizona around the Grand Canyon). Dull, although I guess the climbing / 3D aspect keeps you on your toes.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I tried it out, but it didn't feel like anything special to me. Ive played A LOT of MMO's and I just didn't feel like Rift offered anything unique to the table. I also tend to be an end-game content kind of person... and as far as that goes, Rift's kind of blows.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

I'd love to join, just have to wait for a working wineclone or something for mac. :P

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Patches View Post
    I tried it out, but it didn't feel like anything special to me. Ive played A LOT of MMO's and I just didn't feel like Rift offered anything unique to the table. I also tend to be an end-game content kind of person... and as far as that goes, Rift's kind of blows.
    lol... by the endgame, I get bored.

I tend to be "beginning of game" in focus. I like to play the game from many different classes and angles to best understand how it all meshes. The endgame, where you're just doing massive raids farming for epic loot just gets so old...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I thought about buying rift until I recently jumped on the Guild Wars 2 bandwagon. It just seems too much like WoW for my tastes, which is what I'm trying to move away from as I'm utterly bored and disgusted with that game.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I've got six toons on Perspice and just started one of Berlias or something last night. Let me know.

Leisel: level 30 warrior (paragon/champ/rift)
    Ariadne: level 21 mage (storm/elem/chloro)
    Wysk: level 13 rogue
    Tallulah: level 22 cleric (shaman/druid/warden)
    Esmerelda: level 8 rogue
    ... and some level 20 mage (pryo/warlock/archon)

Half are Defiant, half Guardian. Take your pick.

Killed a bunch of Rifts so far, it's pretty awesome. Sometimes we all just do the PUG thing and run from rift to rift wiping things out, and getting stuff -- I don't even know anyone I'm with. Other times I just solo-quest.
    Boo, I'm on another shard. I've gotten past level 20 and the hack and slash is grinding on me - I think that's my gripe with MMOs in general, the dungeons/fighting get so repetitive. Though I don't remember this problem with Guild Wars. I'm usually a tank b/c my strategy is pretty unsophisticated, "run, smash, smash, loot" But, I got sucked into the RPG aspect and decided to be a sneaky rogue. Bah. I'm going to make a Guardian character and be a spell caster so I can nuke big groups of baddies and clear a path for running like hell. I wish this were like Diablo so I could open portals and zip back and forth to where I needed to go (never played that online, just solo). I liked the dungeons in Diablo because there was always loot dropping, it was like Christmas!

Oh yeah, I'm such a newb I keep on asking people what the acronyms that they use mean and yelling for people to help me. I'm sure I'm veeeeeerrry popular with my guild.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari