User Tag List

First 56789 Last

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

No, not for a mere million. I'm pretty sure you couldn't induce me with any amount of money....I don't like the idea of bleeding to death, or pain (I have a very low pain threshold). I might consider a finger, not a thumb though, You can have my pinkie for a mill, my left one.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If I were starving on the streets, sure. Prosthetics can be bought. But in existing conditions, not a chance.

MBTI
    ENTP

No way in hell for a Million; It just doesn't have the same value it used to. If it was some amount that would enable me to enjoy an early retirement and never have to worry about the issue of money again, then sure.

MBTI
    INTP

No way. Not for money. For survival or possibly to save my family members' lives (but that would be a weird situation). But not for money. Not worth it.
    Something Witty

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    Ugh, no. I'm deathly afraid of physical pain.
    What if there was no pain involved, during... and forever after the procedure?

Quote Originally Posted by Within View Post
    Yes, I would. I could afford my very own pirate ship, and I get the look to go with it for free.
    Okay, so the current tally is all ''No's'' except for the two of us.
    I'm down with the pirate ship idea. I always wanted to be a pirate just so I could end all of my sentences with saying, "Yarrrrrrrrr." and then even thrown in a 'matey'... "Arrrrrrr Matey.".. All while making my pirate face.

I think you should go for a peg leg too. Imagine how cool you would look with a face like this and a peg leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    No way. Not for money. For survival or possibly to save my family members' lives (but that would be a weird situation). But not for money. Not worth it.
    The survival situation is how this thought came to mind. I remember recently hearing about someone that cut off his own arm because he was trapped under a boulder.

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    The amputation genie comes to you and says, "Jonnyboy, I want to amputate your leg and I'll give you a million dollars, but it has to be right now?"

You say, "no thanks, bro."

Then he says, "Okay, how about this then. You don't have to amputate today, but if your circumstances change (in the negative ways you mentioned before), then the offer still stands until you reach very old age... " Sort of like an insurance policy to fall back on. If you were hurting for money you could just summon him to amputate.

But the condition is that if you never cash in on the offer, you still have to have your leg hacksawed off when you reach old age. I guess I'm going off the concept of someone selling their soul to the devil and him coming to collect. But in this case your buying a million $ insurance policy and when you reach old age the genie has to come and collect your leg if you never cashed in on it. I guess what I'm getting at is if it would be worth it to you to have an insurance policy like that to fall back on during your lifetime, knowing full well that if you don't use it you'll still have to amputate your leg in old age.
    I hope that makes sense, I don't even know where I'm going with this anymore.
    I'm not sure what a million dollars will really be worth down the road, so I'll have to pass.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I'm not sure what a million dollars will really be worth down the road, so I'll have to pass.
    "You're a tough sell!!!"

"I want your damn leg!!"

*Amputation genie walks away disappointed*

MBTI
    INTP

Fuck no

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

Seriously, only 1 mil? Couldn't you have made it more interesting? Who would do it for that low amount?

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Seriously, only 1 mil? Couldn't you have made it more interesting? Who would do it for that low amount?
    Sadly enough, I know quite a few people that would do it for a lot less than that. I'm pretty sure people living in certain countries would jump on the chance as well.