User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

No.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

Permabanned

I'd do it for 100 million.

Left leg...I mean prosthetics these days aren't horrible...and it's not like I use my legs for anything a prosthetic can't do...
    Plus...100 million could easily sustain me and my family for the rest of our lives...it's almost stupid not to.....

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp

I wonder if you asked a soldier who lost a limb in battle if it was worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Smile! Now!

Some people are like Slinkys.
    Useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

We are the music makers,and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

End of line.

Rainy Day Member Ingrid in grids's Avatar

No. I don't think 1 million dollars could restore the quality of life lost with the amputation. I would only say yes by introducing conditions, but I don't think that's the point of this. 1 million also doesn't seem to be a lot of money these days. Though that's not to say I'd do it for an even greater sum of money either...

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I'm confident that I can earn enough to have a quality of life greater than that of a rich me with only one leg. Well, 1 million isn't that much really - I would certainly hope to have about that by retirement, especially with inflation. I'm talking about infinite money.

Some things could change that, of course. Like if I already lost a leg, or if I had medical reasons to amputate, or some life-threatening need for money. But those seem almost as unlikely as someone offering me 1 million to hacksaw my leg off.
    -end of thread-

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by LeftKick View Post
    I wonder if you asked a soldier who lost a limb in battle if it was worth it.
    Did he get a million dollars out of it?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No.

ThatGirl

Depends on whether I would have a better life or make more money with them.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Wow, an easy hypothetical for once!

Definitely not!
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean by this, could you reiterate it?
    The amputation genie comes to you and says, "Jonnyboy, I want to amputate your leg and I'll give you a million dollars, but it has to be right now?"

You say, "no thanks, bro."

Then he says, "Okay, how about this then. You don't have to amputate today, but if your circumstances change (in the negative ways you mentioned before), then the offer still stands until you reach very old age... " Sort of like an insurance policy to fall back on. If you were hurting for money you could just summon him to amputate.

But the condition is that if you never cash in on the offer, you still have to have your leg hacksawed off when you reach old age. I guess I'm going off the concept of someone selling their soul to the devil and him coming to collect. But in this case your buying a million $ insurance policy and when you reach old age the genie has to come and collect your leg if you never cashed in on it. I guess what I'm getting at is if it would be worth it to you to have an insurance policy like that to fall back on during your lifetime, knowing full well that if you don't use it you'll still have to amputate your leg in old age.
    I hope that makes sense, I don't even know where I'm going with this anymore.