User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    A million dollars can go pretty far, but not as far as people think. Bump it up by a couple more orders of magnitude and you might have a deal.
    True. But if you're confident in your ability to invest that million and turn it into a lot more, then would the low amount still be your argument against amputation?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I like my legs, I like hiking through the forests, without sticking to the paths, I like driving cars and busses, and mostly, I like my body intact.
    Busses??

Yeah i see what you're saying, I like doing all those things too, I think I just don't value a leg as much as I thought. I don't think I'd mind too much having one prosthetic leg.

MBTI
    FREE

No, not for any sum of money; unless, of course, my circumstances were to change. For example, I become paralyzed from the waist down, or owe money to the mob who are threatening to kill my family, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    No, not for any sum of money; unless, of course, my circumstances were to change. For example, I become paralyzed from the waste down, or owe money to the mob who are threatening to kill my family, etc.
    How high does your waste go?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE

Thanks, corrected.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP

The health and well being of an individual, is worth more than all the money in the world. But only for him.

Hate

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    The amputation genie is a jerk. How does he define "right before"?
    He's a genie, he just knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    .... if a lower limb is worth a few million, how much is it worth to stick your neck out and get ahead?
    Speaking of corrections ... Jennnifer, it's one million. ONE million. The amputation genie does not approve of your hiking up the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    No, not for any sum of money; unless, of course, my circumstances were to change. For example, I become paralyzed from the waste down, or owe money to the mob who are threatening to kill my family, etc.
    How about if you were offered some sort of amputation insurance policy? Being that you had the option to amputate open until a few weeks before your death... but the condition was that if you never used the amputation million $ policy throughout your lifetime then you would have to have your leg hacksawed off a few weeks before your death. Would you take it as an insurance policy?

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    True. But if you're confident in your ability to invest that million and turn it into a lot more, then would the low amount still be your argument against amputation?
    Nah, even considering the time value of money and potential investments, it'd have to be more than a million for me.

I haven't pinned down an actual value of essentially swapping my leg for a prosthetic and enduring the pain of amputation, but it's not "infinite"--there's some sort of dollar amount at which it'd be worth it to me. Something like $25 million?

In any case, the first thing I'd do with the money is buy the best damn prosthetic that I could..

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

only under the condition that I could invest it somewhere where it would make 50% a year and buy a new, better leg with extra cash left over for investing and pampering one's self
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Not even for a trillion dollars.

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Juice View Post
    How about if you were offered some sort of amputation insurance policy? Being that you had the option to amputate open until a few weeks before your death... but the condition was that if you never used the amputation million $ policy throughout your lifetime then you would have to have your leg hacksawed off a few weeks before your death. Would you take it as an insurance policy?
    I'm not sure what you mean by this, could you reiterate it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]