User Tag List

12 Last

Default The triangle of college life

I'm having a hard time finding a balance in college. The above picture seems to be very accurate - namely, you either work and participate in class and get good rates AND you lead a healthy lifestyle (you sleep enough), or you concentrate on your social life, and get some sleep in the process.

In my freshman year, I chose the first option.
    Now I find that it's possible to go out and study efficiently, but I'm literally suffering from sleep deprivation. Plus my time for other activities has decreased.

Is anybody else concerned about this, especially extroverts? Any strategies to implement? Do you disagree? Please post your ideas.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

if you go to a community college you don't get a social life. Problem solved! (til your first 2 years are up, anyway)

Glycerine

I do the good grades and social life and plan a lot of naps.... that's how I manage. I think I am sacrificing my grades a little to have a social life (I think my semester GPA will end up being a 3.8-3.9)

You forgot work. College life is more like a square. Unless your finances are completely covered. You are doomed to work, try to get good grades... and somehow fathom a time to just rest.

If I were to have a life, I wouldn't be spending more than half the day at college only to find out, I still have classwork to do.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Ugh, don't you guys get it? It's all about balance.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    Ugh, don't you guys get it? It's all about balance.
    I know a few people that work before the break of dawn, get to class at the break of dawn, come home at night time and work on classwork, sleep for a few hours and then rinse and repeat for the majority of the semester.

Good luck finding a balance in that.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Takeru View Post
    I know a few people that work before the break of dawn, get to class at the break of dawn, come home at night time and work on classwork, sleep for a few hours and then rinse and repeat for the majority of the semester.

Good luck finding a balance in that.
    They're doing it wrong.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Glycerine

Luckily, my father is helping me pay for a lot of it.

NPcomplete

I'm no extrovert but I find that if I don't at least get to do things I like (ie read novels, meet friends or watch some tv) I feel "bleh". I don't know how to explain this "bleh" but it's like (boredom+drabness)^infinity.

When this happens, I usually just take a break for one afternoon/evening, do whatever is it that I really want to do and then get back to the cycle of drabness and boredom on the next day.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

pretty much everyone i know at "real" college just pops adderall so they can study the 2-3 nights a week they aren't binge drinking