38 65.52%
  • Middle seat like a weirdo

1 1.72%
  • Don't care

3 5.17%
  • Other?

2 3.45%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: When you fly: do you prefer an Aisle or Window seat?

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    Hey let's do a pointless poll cause why not.

I prefer the window myself. I can sacrificed cramped for the view, which I can look at for hours, usually listening to music.
    It was different in the old days. They were called aeroplanes, or something. You know, Lindbergh and all.
    They kidnapped his son. A German was put to death. Yes, the German was a badass. Only he wasn't guilty.

I would have much preferred the window, those days. You could even see the trees, and the houses, and the little pools after the rain, and the flower beds, and the air balloons.
    This is a jet age. What do you see there by the window any more?
    Now I am an aisle man. I like to move around.

Freaking Ratchet Array Rail Tracer's Avatar

I generally like sleeping through long traveling, the easiest way for me to sleep is on my sides. I like the window because I can shut the window light, lean on it, and drift to sleep. When I am awake, I just look at the view hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenaphor View Post
    If I'm alone, people talk to me. Even if I'm travelling with someone, people talk to me. Standing, waiting to cross the street, tourists zoom in on me to ask directions. Do not ask me why.
    This happens to me too, I reallly wish that it wouldnt most of the time.

Window. I like the view, and I like having the wall of the plane to lean on.

Honor Thy Inferior Array Such Irony's Avatar
    5w6 sp/so
    LII Ne

I prefer the window seat. I like looking at the view outside of the window. It gives me something to do to pass the time. Aisle is okay, though. Makes it easier for making bathroom trips. Least desirable is the middle seat.
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Neutral Good

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    This is a jet age. What do you see there by the window any more?
    I live in Colorado, almost all of my extended family lives in Kansas. Do you have any idea what the car ride from Colorado to Kansas looks like once you get a little east of the Denver area?

Whatever I see on the window on a flight is like Oz compared to . . . well, Kansas.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Lay the coin on my tongue Array SilkRoad's Avatar
    6w5 sp/sx

I started flying before I remember, when I was very very young.

When I was a child, I preferred the window seat, because it was more exciting. I always liked looking out the window.

After I moved to Europe, I started flying a whole lot more, instead of one or two long-haul round trips a year...usually that, plus a bunch of smaller trips. I came to prefer aisle seats, mainly because I'm tall.

I'm back to the window seats now. Oddly, it's because I have developed a phobia. I have always been a bit of a nervous flyer and I hate turbulence. But close to three years ago I had a bad experience - my plane had to make an emergency landing due to a bird in the engine. It actually was pretty low-key but still kind of scary - and then when they got us back on another plane a few hours later, there was loads of turbulence, which was much more obviously scary. Add that experience to the fact that I was under a lot of stress in my life, and it developed into a full phobia. I didn't stop flying, but found it frightening and stressful to do so. I had some therapy eventually, which helped, as I think did the fact that I have continued flying and have had ok experiences.

I now prefer window seats because I much prefer being able to see out the window. It may have something to do with the fact that the scariest flying experiences I've had - bad turbulence, etc - have usually been at night. I get really scared when I can't see outside. For some reason, being able to see the ground, or clouds, or even the wing, makes me feel better. So yeah, window seats for me these days.

I am proud of the fact that even in the throes of a phobia, I've managed to take long-haul flights to Canada and Japan, and have survived. I find that usually I have a few hours of fairly severe stress, especially if it is dark and/or there is turbulence. But it always gets better, to the extent that by the end of the flight I can feel fairly relaxed.
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

6w5 sx/sp
    ILI Ni

When I first started flying, I liked the window seat. After I started flying more (and I've flown a LOT), I gravitated towards the aisle. So, I am almost always in an aisle seat. I also have a thing about legroom (like first class or an exit row). These are the reasons why an aisle seat is better:
    - you have more room
    - you can get out of your seat much faster/easier without bothering someone else

My guess is that of the people who voted aisle, there is a higher proportion of frequent flyers than those that picked window.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

I flew today and as always I went straight for the window seat. Rest of the world, stay away from me.

All Natural! All Good! Array

Aisle. I can't concentrate on the view for that long, anyway, and I need to pee at least once. Plus I can get stuff down from the shelf thing above my head easier if I am on the aisle seat.
    Strychnine is all-natural,
    So strychnine is all good.
    It's Godly and righteous,
    So eat it, you should.
    Who are you to refuse nature's will?

Don't use the multiquote; it was planted by the devil to deceive us.

Social Role: Asscrack/Piece of Shit/Public Defecator/Spiteful Urinator

A different type everyday - so no need to type me anymore. But feel free to enjoy the sound of your own asscrack.