38 65.52%
  • Middle seat like a weirdo

1 1.72%
  • Don't care

3 5.17%
  • Other?

2 3.45%
First 1234 Last

i prefer window. i don't like getting up.
    and like looking out. love the newer
    planes, all the pods.

business class on the a380. not so bad.
    i like it that i don't have to sit next to
    people. it you're a couple you can sit
    in the middle row. i love the private
    mini bar. and the a la carte menu.

love it when hospitality seeps into
    airline industry. well, the good airlines.

every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I like the window because I like to look out it with my headphones on, lean against it in the event the person next to me steals the arm rest, & I don't like to get up much & don't want to constantly get up for other people.

The last time I flew, I almost had a panic attack by the window though, because it was at night, all the lights were off, the guy in front of me had his seat back (so his head was practically in my lap....yes, I am poor & fly coach), and the people next to me were asleep, so I couldn't just get up whenever I wanted. I started feeling really claustrophobic. However, I had taken benadryl for my Hawaiian sun rash & to make me sleep, and my mom suggested that its effects probably made me feel anxious, as normally I am fine in such a situation.

My best flying experience ever was on jet express when I got seats by the bulkhead. Lots of leg room...no heads in my lap.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

This one time I sat in the middle on a long flight, I fell asleep on the guy next to me and started drooling on him.

I'm that guy who makes everyone think "pleasepleaseplease don't be next to me" when I board the plane. I need to sit on the aisle so I can lean away. I can get away with the window on a short flight, but if I have to sit in the middle I just won't fly. It'll make three people miserable.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Funny thread. I've been thinking about whether I'd like to sit on the Window or Aisle seat, myself - only about a day ago. Any way, I prefer the Aisle seat. The window seat gets crampy, and the view outside gets boring when you're in the air. It's only good to look out when you're taking off, and reaching mid-air. That's when you capture the view outside properly.
    Honestly I started the thread because two weeks from today I'm taking my first flight in five years (last time I flew I was a senior in High School, now I'm a college grad) and booked my tickets today. My dad mentioned being an aisle man to my window.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Definitely window. I don't like having people in view for my entire head-turning radius.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

On occasion, Window, because I really like looking out if I'm not over a wing.

Typically Aisle, though, because I want more room to stretch my legs, and because I hate hate hate having to climb over people when I want to use the bathroom.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Aisle, 'cause it's more convenient to go to the bathroom, etc.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

MBTI
    INTP

The window seat is just so cozy. I don't have to get up for anyone, except for myself.

MBTI
    INtP

Window, always. It's cramped and uncomfortable, but that's unavoidable anyway, given that I'm too tall for the cattle-car seats no matter what. I like looking outside, and having the wall to lean against is better than nothing.