User Tag List

123 Last

figsfiggyfigs

Default IF it talked, would you still eat it?

Lets say we have somehow began to understand all the animals we're so used to consuming; would you still eat them?

I was watching the chronicles of Narnia, and one of the crew members threatened to eat the dragon(who is a cursed human). The mouse then mentioned " they'd have to go through me first"... And I thought "well... thats possible... there is also a giant talking bull, they'd probably eat him too... they're all equal crew members, just different beings.. why THEM first?"...
    The seemed to have mentioned eating the dragon, because he can no longer speak. They could've mentioned consuming the mouse or bull, but they spoke English... Does that deter them from it? They UNDERSTAND why they're saying??
    What if we understood ALL animals.... ?

/random thread.

I just imagined a small shrimp crying. crap. ><

MBTI
    yupp

I don't know I mean being fully aware that I'm eat a cow or a chicken or a pig never bothered me, I sometimes even have their images in my head.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Well. I'd say they made those animals more relatable then the annoying kid who was turned into a dragon for further being annoying lol. Also, because the dragon, however more powerful, was a weaker character overall. It's more believable that the weaker character would be more prone to being eaten.
    Given, it's Narnia. They aren't really going to make you 'le gasp!' by threatening to nom on the more liked animal characters. They would rather portray a more wholesome kid-friendly vibe.

As per the general question, I'd totally nom on a critter if it had nothing amusing or interesting to say. There are a lot of movies/shows that have echoed that sort of situation (either with people eating animals, animals eating people, or animals eating other animals). If an interesting topic is brought to the table, there's usually hesitation in taking a bite out of whatever critter.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

somehow I'm reminded of the bovine-like creature who approaches the table at The Restraunt at the End of the Universe and describes his different delicious cuts to the diners
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP

Only if it could carefully articulate to me several reasons why I should not eat it. Just because it can talk doesn't mean that it makes sense. A lot of people talk nonsense, so I imagine that non-people capable of talking are capable of just as much nonsense.

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Only if it could carefully articulate to me several reasons why I should not eat it. Just because it can talk doesn't mean that it makes sense. A lot of people talk nonsense, so I imagine that non-people capable of talking are capable of just as much nonsense.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni8QLdHxEME"]No eat![/YOUTUBE]

Imagine what a restaurant would sound like or what a menu would look like, subdivided by headers of "Intelligent meals" or "Dinner that's dumber than you".

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post

I just imagined a small shrimp crying. crap. ><
    Sounds weirdly adorable. I would keep a depressed shrimp as a pet.

EDIT: But I could never eat it.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

ThatGirl

Depends on what it had to say.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    somehow I'm reminded of the bovine-like creature who approaches the table at The Restraunt at the End of the Universe and describes his different delicious cuts to the diners
    I liked the group of philosophers waiting for their God to finally arrive at the end of days, I forgot his name

Well it's a difficult question, it's no completly alien concept to me to become a vegetarian and to eat no meat at all. I have lately changed for myself a lot of the education I was used from home that involved a lot of meat eating. Since I was used to that it took some time to change it but actually when you do stuff the right way it can be really delicious even without meat.

I still tho wouldnt want in the world to miss a good rumpsteak or a nice burger, tho probably when animals would talk to me and begged me not to eat them I'ld prolly not do it no more. It would be a culinary shame tho, by all means
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]