User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

LOL, I thought of that scene from Shark Tale even as I read the title.

And yeah, if we could understand the animals and they could explain their side, our desires to consume them would get a lot more complicated and lead to some pretty epic and terrible battles.... that is until synthetic meat is finally developed and made practical
    Tune into Ventrilo weeknights between 6pm and 1am PST for continuation of universe dominating shenanigans and occassional type-related propaganda.........

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No, I would not, and it's why I don't eat cats and dogs because I recognize their personalities.

I probably wouldn't eat red meat at all, either, if I were to spend more time with pigs and cows.

However, fish and birds seem far from talking, so I'm okay with eating them. Sorry.

ThatGirl

If I were a talking piece of beef, I think I would try to sell people on fish.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    If I were a talking piece of beef, I think I would try to sell people on fish.
    Okay, now that was funny!

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by LunaLuminosity View Post
    LOL, I thought of that scene from Shark Tale even as I read the title.

And yeah, if we could understand the animals and they could explain their side, our desires to consume them would get a lot more complicated and lead to some pretty epic and terrible battles.... that is until synthetic meat is finally developed and made practical
    OMG no didn't you ever see that weird episode of the 80's version of the Twilight Zone, where the synthetic meat farm...lead to a population of giant spiders or something? I don't think I remember it correctly but the idea of synthetic meat has terrified me since.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Only if it could carefully articulate to me several reasons why I should not eat it. Just because it can talk doesn't mean that it makes sense. A lot of people talk nonsense, so I imagine that non-people capable of talking are capable of just as much nonsense.
    Do you just mean it has to be smart? Are you implying that you eat stupid people? That's kind of creepy.

I imagine its argument would be something to the effect of, "I'd prefer not to die. I experience fear and pain and the desire to live. Eating me would necessitate murder of a sentient being." Is that compelling enough, or would it have to convince you that it tastes like crap, or is on the verge of curing cancer, or something?

Also, if these are Narnia animals, the argument might include, "I'll eff you up if you try." Like, you don't get your burger from a restaurant, you have to defeat the bull. And -- my mad respect for your piss-drinking survival skills notwithstanding -- I'm betting on the bull.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sp-VFBbjpE]Yeah, I'm posting this again[/youtube]

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Lets say we have somehow began to understand all the animals we're so used to consuming; would you still eat them?
    Personal account of the dreadful existence on a CAFO would be enough for me.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by burymecloser View Post
    Also, if these are Narnia animals, the argument might include, "I'll eff you up if you try." Like, you don't get your burger from a restaurant, you have to defeat the bull. And -- my mad respect for your piss-drinking survival skills notwithstanding -- I'm betting on the bull.
    But I don't live in Narnia, I live in America. I can just pay someone for the bull. Lets not get caught up in fantasy. There really is a McDonald's not 5 miles from here.

I accepted my status as a heterotroph long ago. In order to live, something (lots of things) must die for you.

garbage

The Chick-Fil-A cows are a bunch of dumbasses who can't even spell. I've got no problem eating them.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    But I don't live in Narnia, I live in America. I can just pay someone for the bull. Lets not get caught up in fantasy. There really is a McDonald's not 5 miles from here.

I accepted my status as a heterotroph long ago. In order to live, something (lots of things) must die for you.
    Yeah, but what if you had to watch a shrimp crying? Huh? Huh?