User Tag List

Thread: Control freak

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

Question Control freak

On the premise that it is possible to be a "control freak" no matter which type one is, how would each type distinguish itself?

I'm expecting subtle differences or no difference at all// being different individuals, making "control freak" a different understanding for each.

I'm asking you to not argue with anyone about what a "control freak" is - if we need to settle that, let's make a thread for it. This is not it.
    You may argue whether or not the assumed types behavior is correct or not, this being a small loop hole to the earlier rule - don't abuse it.
    Make use of your own sense, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Gtzk View Post
    I'm asking you to not argue with anyone about what a "control freak" is - if we need to settle that, let's make a thread for it. This is not it.
    You may argue whether or not the assumed types behavior is correct or not, this being a small loop hole to the earlier rule - don't abuse it.
    Make use of your own sense, please.
    Exhibit A.

For myself, I am VERY particular about who knows 'what' about what events are going on in my life and with me emotionally. (Mostly, my parents are the non-recipients of this information. )
    Last edited by iwakar; 04-03-2011 at 07:11 AM. Reason: clarification
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I imagine that an INFJ would be a control freak mainly through passive-aggression. That's probably so obviously it's not worth stating.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

figsfiggyfigs

you rang?

MBTI
    FREE

I am an INTP. I am a control freak. As such, I cannot be under the influence of drugs which disable my ability to be in control of my own thoughts (think marijuana, etc). Also, I vehemently resist others attempting to control me; although this doesn't mean I don't like to go with the flow and follow their lead. Being criminally prosecuted and incarcerated is a fear of mine, solely because of a fear of being subjected to the whims of others, and of losing control of my own destiny.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I imagine that an INFJ would be a control freak mainly through passive-aggression. That's probably so obviously it's not worth stating.
    Also.. Subtle, and not so subtle, manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    I am an INTP. I am a control freak. As such, I cannot be under the influence of drugs which disable my ability to be in control of my own thoughts (think marijuana, etc). Also, I vehemently resist others attempting to control me; although this doesn't mean I don't like to go with the flow and follow their lead. Being criminally prosecuted and incarcerated is a fear of mine, solely because of a fear of being subjected to the whims of others, and of losing control of my own destiny.
    I would say much of this is applicable to me.

I try to keep a tight reign on my thoughts and actions.

And it's in interesting because I know outwardly I'm seen as a laid-back, spontaneous, irreverent "anything goes" kind of girl and I AM all those things, but I'm also really calculating - trying to sort all my input into it's respective slots in my mind. There's this underlying current of great control. If I lose that control, I can very easily slip down a greasy, soapy slope into the ravine of the madness of my own mind.

Note: it's very much internal, hardly ever external. I can not notice a poop-crusted toilet or the dirty, bug-infested pile of dirty dishes next to my bed for ages, but when it comes to being in control of ME, I'm a freak. A big, hairy, purple-nosed freak.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

I'm definitely a control freak about the way things look.... I'm not so much a control freak about who knows what's going on in my life, or telling my hubby what to do (or anyone else for that matter)... But I am definitely a control freak about appearances... Well, in that sense I'm a bit of a control freak over my husband... I have to admit that there are times when my husband has walked out, dressed and ready to go somewhere and I'll say "You're wearing that?" And I can usually spot when something isn't in the right place right away...