Thread: Your Flaw.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Oh man, I could probably add that to my list. But then sometimes I think it is really just paranoia born out of a kind of insecurity, which is its own flaw.... I've had times where I saw myself as incredibly dull to others, without any charm, but then I didn't try or care to try. But I truly am not good at networking/selling myself, likable or not.
    Not that I think I'm inherently unlikeable or something, just that I don't usually leave a strong impression, especially if time is limited.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I can be moody. I'm one fireball after the next, or a block of ice.

I have a shield a mile wide and mile thick. It's my heel, like Achilles dipped in the Styx.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTP

Anxiety. FDR was so right.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Great and grandiose ideas of things I wish to accomplish or projects I want to embark on, but all the Ni possibilities and rabbit trails complicate and overwhelm. I procrastinate because it seems too unwieldy or unclear how to get from point A to point B in a way where I will be pleased with the end result. Ni-Ti loops and perfectionism set in.

Too sensitive to how other people react to me. In the same vein, I rarely take risks if I don't think they are going to produce positive results and in doing so, sometimes I believe it takes away people's opportunity to choose how they will react for themselves. I don't mind conflict, but I dislike it if it can't be worked through to a resolution. Sometimes there's something productive even in conflict that can't be resolved, either in its longterm effect on the other person's thinking or on mine.

Find it difficult to step outside of myself. Results in being too restrained sometimes, not initiating, or always needing to watch until I feel more comfortable rather than just sailing in.

Not trusting my own assessment of things enough to act until I have ammassed a lot of tangible evidence to back it up. This sometimes makes for weaker boundaries than there should be or seeming capricious when I finally do lose patience.

Not doing things right away when I should, which results in less structure and more chaos and inconvenience than is necessary. I generally don't inconvenience others through it, but I do make my own life more difficult than necessary.

I think over the years I've made some improvements on all counts, but these are all still areas I'm working on.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I have control issues.

Example: I have a 16 year old. He drives. I don't let other people drive. If I am not driving I am not in control. You can picture what permit driving was like for him.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

indecisiveness, anxiety, feeling like i'm not good enough, needing to feel like i'm better than others, moodiness, volatility, procrastination, lying, wallowing, not letting go, pandering, avoidance, etc

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

Laziness
    Oh, its
    You

Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    I can be moody. I'm one fireball after the next, or a block of ice.

I have a shield a mile wide and mile thick. It's my heel, like Achilles dipped in the Styx.
    Ah Domino, I hold you by the heel. You wiggle and wiggle, blow hot and cold, and try to escape. But what good is Achille's shield when I have her by the heel. You call me a heel but it is only your heel I am interested in.

But that's not entirely true, for I am also interested in an Audi Avant 3.0 litre. And knowing your predilections, I am prepared to let you go, if you tell me your sincere and honest opinion of the Audi Avant 3.0 litre.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Great and grandiose ideas of things I wish to accomplish or projects I want to embark on, but all the Ni possibilities and rabbit trails complicate and overwhelm. I procrastinate because it seems too unwieldy or unclear how to get from point A to point B in a way where I will be pleased with the end result. Ni-Ti loops and perfectionism set in.

Too sensitive to how other people react to me. In the same vein, I rarely take risks if I don't think they are going to produce positive results and in doing so, sometimes I believe it takes away people's opportunity to choose how they will react for themselves. I don't mind conflict, but I dislike it if it can't be worked through to a resolution. Sometimes there's something productive even in conflict that can't be resolved, either in its longterm effect on the other person's thinking or on mine.

Find it difficult to step outside of myself. Results in being too restrained sometimes, not initiating, or always needing to watch until I feel more comfortable rather than just sailing in.

Not trusting my own assessment of things enough to act until I have ammassed a lot of tangible evidence to back it up. This sometimes makes for weaker boundaries than there should be or seeming capricious when I finally do lose patience.

Not doing things right away when I should, which results in less structure and more chaos and inconvenience than is necessary. I generally don't inconvenience others through it, but I do make my own life more difficult than necessary.

I think over the years I've made some improvements on all counts, but these are all still areas I'm working on.
    I was talking to your mother the other day and she was saying exactly the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    All flaws come with upsides.
    Yes, I court flaw, after flaw, after flaw, reaching for the upside. Never content with consonance I court dissonance, cognitive dissonance. This makes me less than a comfortable companion. In fact some call me a contrarian. And when they lose all patience, they call me a troll.

Yet dissonance lures me on, who knows what I might discover, or what epiphany I might have as I reach up to the hand of an angel just out of reach.