User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Thread: Your Flaw.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't always fight for what i believe i deserve because my stubborn fi doesn't really want it if it's not given freely....

i become immobile due to self doubt

i don't always know how i feel...i can be extremely bothered and hurt by something but incapable of verbalizing it because i am not sure why i'm bothered
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Up and down temperamentally. Maybe not my most obvious flaw but my biggest flaw nonetheless. Then again, where would we be without our flaws? They're more often than not side effects of strengths and what make us interesting as individuals.

My extreme anxiety

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I'm sometimes too confrontational.
    I doubt myself.
    Mostly though, I'm inconsistent.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i don't always fight for what i believe i deserve because my stubborn fi doesn't really want it if it's not given freely....

i become immobile due to self doubt

i don't always know how i feel...i can be extremely bothered and hurt by something but incapable of verbalizing it because i am not sure why i'm bothered
    Oh, I have this too. It really irritates me when I'm upset, but can't express what it is, or even why I'm upset.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggletron View Post
    content with a sense of urgency
    Well phrased. Definitely the flaw I notice most in myself.

I'm far too happy/unmotivated in the face of failure or disaster. A specific form of the vague "laziness" concept.

If it helps, I've learnt so far that reversing this is far from the most efficient way to get around it. It's a lot better to only need the carrot, and do away with the stick.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

My biggest flaw is that I'm perfect, causing everyone else to doubt themselves and hate themselves for not measuring up to me. It's a heavy burden I bear.

In reality, I'm too passive/unmotivated.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Laziness.

garbage

I'm somewhat of a people-pleaser, which leads to nasty things like conflict-avoidance, an inability to ask for help, and overextending myself to meet others' needs. When people don't give me the same courtesy that I give them, especially when it comes to giving me the benefit of the doubt, refraining from insulting me, or truly trying to understand me, I can hold a grudge against them or cut them out of my life completely.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Then again, where would we be without our flaws? They're more often than not side effects of strengths and what make us interesting as individuals.
    agree with this

A few days ago, I decided that my best friend wasn't worth dealing with anymore. He was one of a few people who was to help with a move that I was in charge of. There was some risky weather that day, so I hesitantly rescheduled it and asked whether he could come on the new day. He gave me a spiel about how he had graciously donated some time out of his schedule on the previous day for my benefit, how I wasted that day for him, and how I don't consider other people in the decisions that I make. The recurring pattern he cited in my complete lack of consideration for other people over the past few years consisted of two data points: a move that was postponed because of the weather, and that one time a year ago I had forgotten that we were supposed to hang out and inadvertently double-booked.

I came to the conclusion that he didn't particularly know me by now, and that I couldn't trust him enough to ask him for "friend-level" help or assistance, so I deliberately divebombed the conversation and our friendship. From my perspective, he's way too rigid. From his perspective, I'm irresponsible and inconsiderate.

It became clear that our particular flaws and the baggage that we both carry with us are incompatible. It's not sad or pitiful or anything of that nature; it's just a thing that happened

Ooh, epilogue: The others involved in the move were actually grateful that I'd postponed our move. However, due to my flaw, I prepared for the move by moving every single thing that I could possibly move myself, so that I didn't have to unduly burden anyone else or ask for too much help.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4 sx

I guess that my awkwardness in social situations is my biggest flaw.